5 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North/South America
Note: We're only looking for candidates in North/South America.
Who we are:
Saturn is building DataBricks for Dask. We're ex Anaconda folks and members of the open source community. We're building a data science platform using the common OSS tools (Jupyter, Dask, Airflow) everyone loves. Why? Because you shouldn't have to learn Scala in order to work with big data.
- We're focused and work efficiently. We optimize for productivity, not hours.
- We're optimistic. We focus on how we can succeed, instead of worrying about why we might fail.
- We're strategic. We validate assumptions as early as possible. Our sales team is a key part of testing our product scope.
- We schedule meetings and limit interruptions so you can focus.
- Currently US time zones are a requirement.
Who you are:
- Pedigree isn't important.
- You're efficient - You have a proven ability to clearly communicate complex solutions.
- You love the PyData ecosystem, and would love to have a job where you help make it thrive.
- You're customer focused, you care that people enjoy using our products.
- You have some experience working remotely. Remote isn't for everyone, and we don't have a better way to know whether it will work for you.
What you'll do:
- You will work with clients to model their data landscape, obtain data extracts, and define secure data exchange approaches
- You will plan and execute secure, good practice data integration strategies and approaches
- You will write Python, TypeScript (with Vue), use Kubernetes. (We don't expect you to know all of these)
- You will work with sales and marketing to figure out what to build and how to sell it.
- You will make contributions to Jupyter, Dask and friends.
- We rotate developers through sales and support so that we always know what our customers are going through.
- 1 initial phone screen to evaluate fit (who you are, what do you want to do, what have you done). There will be no brain teasers or coding challenges on this call.
- 1 technical challenge that you complete on your own at a set day and time over a fixed period of time (probably 2 hours).
- 1 video call to work with us on some code. Depending on your constraints, this will either be on our code base or on a related open source project.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North/South America.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈