2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US only
Category: Software Development
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Understanding of concepts such as Change Data Capture, Event Sourcing, and CQRS patterns using event based systems
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Kafka, Nifi, Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented/functional programming with Java 8+ or other JVM languages (Scala, Clojure, Kotlin, Groovy)
- Hands-on experience with ETL techniques and frameworks like Apache Spark or Apache Flume.
- Strong understanding of data serialization formats like Apache Avro, Parquet, Protobuf, Apache Thrift.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra, MongoDB, ElasticSearch.
- Use of AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, S3, Lambda, Kinesis.
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources.
- Understanding of the importance of CI/CD, unit/integration testing, build tooling (maven, gradle, sbt), dependency management.
- We develop customized software solutions and provide software development services. We’re a specialized team of developers and architects. As such, we only bring an “A” team to the table, through hard work and a desire to lead the industry — this is our company culture — this is what sets Railroad19 apart.
- At Railroad19, Inc. you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
- As a Railroad19 employee, you will be part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. Our Executive headquarters is in Saratoga Springs, New York, but this position is remote. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation and excellent benefits~ Medical/Dental/Vision vacation and 401K.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!