Customer Solutions Architect
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Are you passionate about helping retail companies revolutionize the way they do business? Are you looking for a career that allows you to work with the world's best-known brands and Fortune 1,000 leaders?
Our mission is to bring retail operations out of the dark ages and give companies effective tools that their employees love to use. You will help improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees and save them from sad, slow, inefficient systems (think fax machines, voicemails, and the postal service). People deserve better! We need your help to make this happen.
We are an early stage, well-funded company. We have awesome investors, great customers, and are looking for a technology-minded Customer Solutions Architect to help us ensure we understand the needs of our prospective customers and can transform those needs into phenomenal experiences using our product.
You will be working with our sales team and our prospective clients to understand their hierarchy and needs, and consequently design and deliver solutions that leverage the value of the Zipline application, in turn fundamentally enabling change for our client's businesses.
This role calls for an individual who can assess, define, implement, and - perhaps most crucially - communicate Zipline architectures to both technical and non-technical audiences. Your ability to communicate solutions to complex problems to varied audiences in ways that are empathetic, friendly, and approachable will be mission-critical.
A key indicator of your success will be your ability to put the customer first and tailor a solution that meets their needs while expanding our Zipline footprint. You know the difference between the right answer and the best answer. It is essential that you ensure our technology standards are followed, and that you provide guidance to evolve those same standards when it is called for. This role will be responsible for providing technical guidance, from inception through the close of a project, tailoring your presence to ensure successful delivery while enabling the rapid growth of team members.
- A solution leader who is passionate about enabling teams to leverage Zipline capabilities to design solutions driving business value
- Strong technical acumen
- Working closely with sales and business stakeholders, lead engineers and product managers to design solutions through the full life cycle from conception to pilot launch
- Demonstrating thought leadership by leveraging Zipline solutions combined with industry standards, and have a passion for best practices (approach, SDLC methodologies, DevOps)
- Comfortable talking about technical things with business people and business things with technical people; able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
- Working closely with a team of consulting and sales representatives to identify opportunities, develop and pitch solutions based on a business case, and work closely with clients to generate business
- Adaptable to frequent change and comfortable with decision making with limited information in dynamic situations
- Ability to define implementation scope and provide estimates on effort required to build the solution
- Has delivered Architecture documents on solution technical design, application design, Integration, non-functional requirements, deployment approach
- Experienced in interacting with sales teams in designing and estimating solutions, software or services
- 5+ years of architecture and design of complex applications, including Enterprise Applications
Nice to have
- We are for retail, by retail. Having a background either working in retail or building software for retailers has been an important key to our product's success. It's not required but if you do have retail experience it will bring a ton of value to our customers and business.
- Experience with the concepts described in Shape Up is an asset, but not required.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Basecamp, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Slack, etc
- Ability to effectively communicate to, present to, influence or befriend all levels within an organization. Great at asynchronous communication.
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language.
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company with both ours as well as our prospective customers.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and dedicated.
The ideal candidate:
- Willingness and ability to travel, the role is expected to travel up to 75%
- Is passionate about retail and/or understands the fundamentals of retail operations: Bonus points if you've worked in Retail Store Operations before!
- Is tech-savvy and proactive: Keeps up to date with new technologies, specifically those around Web Development, Mobile Web Development, Responsive UI/UX and real-time data validation.
- Has baseline design skills/good design aesthetic: You should know your way around PowerPoint, Keynote, Photoshop, and InDesign. You don't need to be a graphic designer, but should be able to make decks easily, have an eye for detail, and recognize when fonts look wonky or logos look off.
- Understands and appreciates UX and good product design: We're looking for somebody who can see the big picture of where prospects are “getting stuck,” then translate that into tangible product suggestions for our development team.
- Is a top-notch communicator: You should have outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language.
- Is an all-around good human: We're a team that believes in transparency, trust, and partnership. You should have excellent collaboration skills to build relationships both within the company and with our customers.
The job split will be around: 30% is creating new demo sites, custom presentations for the sales team and = documentation for best practices on demo creation, 30% is leading presentations, 40% is training the sales team and creating scalable processes
What's In It for You!
- Remote office: Join an effective remote team and work where you're comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get us and see the world
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We've done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- And Much More!
We value diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈