4 months ago
Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing
software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not
to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals
strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with
some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation,
generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
At Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy
them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top
engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the
world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use every day have
infrastructure built, deployed, secured and ran with our code.
The Chef Customer Success Team operates globally, and includes Customer Success Management, Technical Success,
Professional Services, and Support. These teams work together closely to execute on programs and playbooks that
enable our customers to become successful and grow.
A Customer Architect (CA) at Chef is a technical champion and mentor-coach who drives adoption of Chef products and
practices with Chef’s customers. With our customers, at events, and in our online communities, the CA acts as the
face of Chef. The CA is highly experienced in applying automation to improve business performance. The CA coaches
our customers’ technical decision makers and senior management to identify and prioritize business problems, define
measures around these, and plan technical strategies for addressing these problems. Strategies frequently include
workflow design and deployment architecture.
The position involves frequent travel (up to 50%) primarily to Customer locations in Central and Eastern United
- Lead customers in application of Chef products and services offerings to meet Customer Business Outcomes. This
include white-boarding and helping design an architecture one day, and aiding in overcoming technical and
blockers the next!
- Own the technical relationship with a portfolio of accounts, and partner with the other members of the account
(Customer Success Manager, Regional Sales Director, and Solutions Architect) to define and execute account
- Be the customers’ champion inside of Chef, advocating for them with Support, Product, Engineering, and other
- Recommend product improvements based on customers’ experiences
- Act as a trusted-advisor to customers, staying up to date on the ever-evolving state of technology, including
technology that is inside Chef, and in complementary/competitive fields outside of Chef
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in systems engineering/administration or software development
- Demonstrably superb verbal communications skills, including a dynamic and engaging presentation style that
- Expert-level working knowledge of Chef Software, including Chef Infra Client and Server, Chef InSpec, and/or
- Deep understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools and principles
- Experience in using Continuous Delivery practices to release to production
- Demonstrate empathy and understanding of the work engineers, architects, managers, and others do in building,
releasing, and maintaining software
- Yak shaving proficiency
- Experience using Agile and/or Lean techniques, such as Scrum and Kanban
- Experience engaging with the Chef Open Source Community
- Familiarity with cloud native design patterns, microservices, and modern web scale architectures
- Skill navigating organizations and creating alliances to resolve problems
- Experience with IT Audit and Compliance process and tools
- Willingness to learn and a growth mindset may substitute for specific qualifications above. If you have a
for DevOps, we want to meet you!
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences,
and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal
opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry,
religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual
orientation or Veteran status.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click
to report dead link!