Cloud - Principal Software Engineer - SNS
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones, and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
As a Principal Software Engineer on our Stack and Solutions team for Cloud, you will be responsible for technical design and work in key functional areas of Elastic’s Cloud offerings. You will participate in coding, crafting solutions, debugging complex failure scenarios, and prioritizing bug fixes and features. You’ll analyze the current system, its strength and limitations. You will have a high level of ownership of our roadmap and project planning efforts.
- Combine Elastic’s products (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, Machine Learning, APM) with cloud management technologies to create reliable and scalable Cloud solutions for customers. Work on auto scaling and other key capabilities.
- Work on a global scale, with all the major Cloud hosting providers: AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Work with a team to help build scalable solutions to deliver the best customer experience
- Contribute to technical plans and direction within Cloud and across other product teams in Elastic
- Be part of a distributed team of engineers from all across the globe
- Collaborate with other teams within Elastic. Examples include helping Support with difficult cases or consulting the Elastic Stack engineers with designing new features in a Cloud-compatible way.
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer, with a track record of delivering high-quality code
- Ability to communicate well with individuals and groups to accomplish a common set of goals
- Previous experience providing mentorship and coaching for a group of senior software engineers
- Technical depth in one or more technologies relevant for SaaS (orchestration, networking, containers, etc.)
- In-depth experience with Java, Scala, or Go
- Strong understanding of concurrency and highly distributed systems
- Passion for automation and quality
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing [email protected] Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at [email protected] Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at [email protected] We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement https://www.elastic.co/legal/privacy-statement.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈