C/C++ Software Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Category: Software Development
- Diagnose and fix defects in Percona Server for MySQL, Percona XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, Oracle MySQL and MariaDB products
- Assist in the design and implementation of improvements to the Percona Server for MySQL software suite
- Perform periodic source code merges from other open source repositories
- Develop test cases for continuous integration deployment
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Ability to speak, listen and write effectively in fluent English
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in C/C++ development and object oriented design
- Basic understanding of SQL databases and ACID transaction processing
- Experience with client/server or distributed network communication systems
- Experience with high concurrency threading models, atomics, and locking primitives
- Knowledge of various programming and scripting languages such as Bash, Perl, and Python
- Proficiency with tools like GDB and strace
- Experience with Git, GitHub, and source code management methodologies
- Knowledge of DBMS internal algorithms such as those used in query optimiser, B-tree indexing, multiversion concurrency control, ARIES crash recovery, and others
- Knowledge of compression and encryption algorithms and techniques
- Knowledge of high-performance algorithms on modern multicore hardware
- Knowledge of Open Source software concepts and community, preferably MySQL
- Experience with CI/CD tools such a Jenkins, CircleCI, and Travis
- Experience with issue tracking, communication, and information sharing tools such as JIRA, Launchpad, Confluence, Zendesk, G-Suite, Slack
- Experience/familiarity with various Linux distribution packaging systems
- Experience with virtualization and containment tools such as OpenVZ, KVM, VMWare, VirtualBox, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience in Linux systems administration, including suitable expertise with file systems, hardware, and networking
- Success working in a distributed environment where e-mail, Slack and voice calls are the only interactions with clients, colleagues and managers on a daily basis
- Ability to work autonomously and mostly asynchronously with the rest of the team
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
To the best of our knowledge this position has no geo-restriction.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈