Backend Software Engineer
2 weeks ago
Hiring from: EMEA Only
Category: Software Development
Nixa.io is currently working with Dune Analytics to find their next Software Engineer.
Dune Analytics is a Norwegian start-up founded back in 2018. In late 2019 they launched the free and open version of their app, making it easy for anyone to instantly and seamlessly analyse Ethereum data and share their findings with the community. Since then, their growth has been exponential with top teams, researchers, investors and community members across the world now leveraging Dune on a daily basis! While the current app is a powerful tool for querying and collaboration today, there's potential for 10x-ing this experience.
To date, Dune has been built and operated by the two founders alone. However, their user base and ambitions now require a bigger team and they are very excited to start looking for their very first non-founder team members.
As a backend focused software engineer at Dune, you will:
- Work with the entire Dune stack, but with a clear focus on the backend.
- Design, build and maintain new features, APIs and services for their users - both for querying and ingestion purposes.
- Fetch data from blockchains (Ethereum, Ethereum 2.0 and potentially others) using APIs and ingest it to databases.
- Write well documented, well tested, performant, production quality code.
- Help scale Dune!
Beyond the tasks specific to the role they expect all early team members to be excited about:
- Collaborating within all technical and non-technical areas of Dune Analytics, both internally and towards our users and community externally.
- In general pick up any challenge that comes their way together with the team.
This is a remote role with flexible working hours, compensated with salary and equity in Dune Analytics. While remote, they are looking for candidates located in time zones CET±3.
This role will give you the chance to have enormous impact at an early stage startup going through high growth in the most vibrant and exciting industry on the planet.
We're looking for people with a strong background and interest in building successful products, that have a high attention to detail and are comfortable with the hectic and changing nature of a startup.
We think that successful candidates will:
- Be independent and curious, and take ownership of the product and drive development.
- Enjoy focusing on the backend, but also be comfortable doing necessary efforts across the stack.
- Enjoy working with SQL databases. Dune runs PostgreSQL.
- Have experience hosting and running code in production, preferably with Kubernetes.
As this is a remote role, we believe having the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently is also extremely important.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: EMEA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈