Backend Engineer (m/f/x)
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Category: Software Development
Location: Dornbirn, Berlin, remote
Part-time employment possible
At Crate.io our mission is to empower people in every organization to make better decisions in real-time by harnessing the data generated through machinery and sensors. We have a unique capability in facilitating the ingestion and analysis of industrial scale machine data unlocking the bottlenecks associated with legacy technologies and helping companies to reduce risk and increase the efficiency of their operations.
CrateDB is an Industrial IOT database technology for enterprise manufacturing and industrial organisations needing to scale the use of machine data to enable advanced real-time analytics and insights. The market's most advanced distributed SQL database, CrateDB’s technical architecture unlocks unlimited scale and speed, at a cost previously unachievable and is the only technology capable of simultaneously processing complex sensor/metadata in real time.
With our Analytics Platform, we are leveraging the power of CrateDB for discrete manufacturing use cases to enable the frontline workers by providing a “digital friend” to them. We build the next generation of analytics processes and tools to enable efficiency on the factory floor and help rollout teams and integration specialists to roll this out to their factories.
We are a deep-tech, VC funded startup with offices in Dornbirn (Austria), Berlin and San Francisco.
- Work with an agile, cross functional team
- Maintain, improve and extend the code base of our backend applications that power the crate IoT analytics platform
- Design and implement state of the art database-backed applications
- Ensure quality through test driven development
- Think about performance and security as keys to build sustainable products
- Do research and derive customer implementation
- Proven experience as a backend engineer or similar role (3years+)
- Strong language skills in Python, Go, Java or similar
- Strong know-how in SQL
- Comprehensive understanding of service architecture and distributed systems
- Ability to find problem specific solutions
- High affinity to transform customer needs into software
- Craftsmanship to continuously improve and take over responsibility for existing code bases
- Fluent English
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of containers and orchestration tools
- Experience with event driven architectures
- Experience in a big data environment
- Knowledge with Cloud hosting providers, such as Azure
- Experience with CI/CD
- Work experience with agile methodologies, such as Scrum
- Experience with CrateDB
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Very flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g. financial allowances for public transportation, fitness and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Top 25 IOT start-ups by Forbes Magazine)
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈