2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: Software Development
Using devices the patient, injured worker, or member already own, PeerWell treats the root cause of musculoskeletal pain and immobility. Our whole person solution delivers coordinated care via evidence-based, daily digital content and multi-speciality providers. People that use PeerWell have reduced pain, greater satisfaction, a lower risk recovery, fewer complications, and return-to-work times.
Our vision is to eliminate the burden on people struggling with pain and mobility. At $190 billion per year, musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) account for 10% of all healthcare spending in the US—more than all cancers combined. For employers, MSD’s are responsible for 16% of total healthcare budgets. We recognize that our goal is audacious, but so is the scope of musculoskeletal pain and immobility. Providing more accessible care it’s critical for the health of our communities.
PeerWell funded by world-class investors.
The PeerWell engineering team is seeking a creative, collaborative, and detail oriented engineer to build and innovate our backend services that support our medical web-apps and our internal needs.
As a member of our core engineering team, you will use your experience building complex backend systems and APIs. If you are a mid-level engineer without a lot of such experiences, we can support you to learn and come up to speed if you can rock the core skills and have some track records there. If you are more senior, we look forward to you leveraging your system architecture skills to help us solve a variety of problems ranging from content creation and management, data management for analysis and machine learning use, and system automation and reliability related work.
Whether mid- or senior level, we rely heavily on sophisticated DevOps and CI/CD practices, as well as Agile and Scrum to help us build technology that patients love and care staff can rely on. The core team works closely Product leadership and design, and engages with customer success. You will report directly to the VP of Engineering. Our engineering team is distributed over half a dozen countries, so you will be a solid self-starter, who is organized and great at synchronous and asynchronous communication.
- work on APIs that are in use now providing patient care, and are also in use with healthcare workers & healthcare systems in support of patients.
- Create new APIs used to build a personalized patient care experience tailored to each patients’ health journey.
- Help create means to obtain patient data derived through our apps, and make that data available for secure medical research and machine learning.
This role is an unusual backend opportunity: varied, skilled, and creative. We have a lot of intriguing problems to solve!
Have at least 5+ years of substantial industry experience where you:
- Contributed significantly to growing and shaping backend systems and the APIs in front of them.
- Enthusiastic and experiences with CI/CD, testability, quality, and agile practices
- Passionate about improving the health of millions of people
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- We are 100% remote and plan to stay that way...
- but at this time, we are looking for folk residing in the US or Canada Eastern Timezone.
- Fully Remote Company! Work from home.
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid travel to meet with colleagues 2x per year (or more)
- In US, health, vision, and dental benefits
- Allocation for home equipment setup
To apply directly:
- Provide a cover letter about you, your fit to this position, your interest in our mission, and any questions you may have.
- Upload your resume and cover letter at https://peerwell.co/about-us/careers
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈