1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: (CET) +/-03:00
Category: Software Development
Join our team either remotely or in one of two locations, London or Zagreb. This role can be based in any location, preferably within the Central European Time (CET) +/-03:00 time zone.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our Cloud team to work on our cloud services and products, including Memgraph Cloud, the database as a service offering which allows customers to start, play, and use the power of graphs and graph algorithms with distributed Memgraph clusters, and Memgraph Lab, our data visualization tool that empowers engineers to make smarter decisions about their graph application development.
As an engineer on the Cloud team, you will develop different web services, applications and tools that manage Memgraph cluster infrastructure on a major cloud provider (AWS).
This position will be focused on leading engineering efforts related to the infrastructure layer of the Memgraph cloud services and products with a strong focus on AWS while also supporting Azure and GCP in the future. Working closely with our Database Core Engineers you will be part of a collaborative culture striving to make data easy at a global scale by integrating distributed Memgraph databases and the cloud with a beautiful user experience. You see the big picture, able to imagine successful technology-driven solutions from start to finish. As a Backend Engineer, you’ll help design, develop, and integrate solutions using best practice technologies, tools, techniques, and products our clients demand today.
Memgraph Cloud services and products are built on a “MEAN” stack (MemgraphDB, Express, Angular, NodeJS). We generally look for an engineer who has the desire to constantly improve the codebase and wants to enable others to do their job more effectively. Our candidates care deeply about maintainable code and improving software engineering for those around them.
- BSc college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a similar field
- Proficiency in developing functionality for production web applications written with NodeJS (Express, or other modern frameworks and tools)
- Experience building modern, scalable server-side applications
- Experience developing scalable and secure REST API services
- Experience using distributed version control systems, and in particular git
- Dedication to writing maintainable, well-tested code, with best practices.
- Familiarity with a CI/CD deployment style
- Always strives to expand their knowledge
- Deal well with challenging problems and ability to think abstractly
- An uncontrollable urge to investigate and solve problems
- Being comfortable with working in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently and remotely.
- Have the ability to develop and own the long-term strategy for large web applications
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum-like environment
- Experience with Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with management of containerized applications (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Experience using or managing Memgraph or any other graph database, and Cypher query language.
- Remote work
- Flexible working hours & time off
- Equipment for your home office
- Home office budget for custom setup
- Monthly work from home allowance
- Flexible sick-leave policy
- Health insurance & 100% paid sick leave
- Gym membership allowance
- Employee referral incentives
- Dedicated time for research & learning
- Stock options.
We are a fast-growing startup in the enterprise software space focusing on developers and helping them solve some of the most complex problems out there using graphs. To depict the massive opportunity ahead, the graph database market is growing 100% year on year, and Gartner predicts the same growth in the future.
This job is a brilliant opportunity for anyone wanting to join still a fairly small, but highly ambitious and dynamic team of professionals, grow further within their area and beyond, have ownership over key aspects of the tech stack, and experience what a growing startup is.
Memgraph is backed by some amazing investors like M12 - Microsoft’s Venture Fund, Heavybit, Connect, and CounterView Capital. We are headquartered in London, UK, with offices in the UK and Zagreb, Croatia.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: (CET) +/-03:00.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈