2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Germany Only
Category: Software Development
We're an ambitious, diverse, and fun team excited about building a tool to help companies and their people achieve awesome results.
Perdoo is a simple but powerful goal management platform that enables organizations to keep track of strategy, OKRs, KPIs, and more. We make businesses more transparent, more aligned, and more agile — by fixing the broken link between strategy and execution.
Companies like Calendly, Flaconi, and Rewe already use Perdoo to achieve amazing things and accelerate their growth.
As the Backend Engineer at Perdoo, you’ll be responsible for developing and scaling an application used by thousands of users every day. With usage growing quickly, it’s become increasingly challenging to maintain a great experience for our users. You’ll be working very closely with our CTO and Engineering team to build a highly scalable, secure and reliable system that can tackle this.
Our backend is written in Python and built on the latest version of Django, so thorough experience using the framework is a must. In addition, you’ll need experience building and also hosting large scale web-apps. We’re looking for someone who’s excited about working in a small team to bring our system to the next level and is passionate about building products that last.
As our Backend Engineer you’ll
- Design, develop and maintain an enterprise grade web application used by thousands of users every day.
- Be responsible for three key aspects of the platform: Speed, security and reliability.
- Achieve the above through a combination of programming skills (building out our Django app) and DevOps skills (scale our cloud infrastructure).
- Proactively monitor performance bottlenecks, identify root causes and patch them together with the team.
Required Skills / Experience
If you care a lot about what you do, creating the workplace of tomorrow and having a real impact on the company's success, then Perdoo is the right place for you.
- You love what you do and believe in what we’re building here at Perdoo.
- 4+ years of experience running cloud-based backends at scale.
- Strong Python skills and experience with large Django apps.
- If you’re planning to work remotely, at least one year of experience in doing so.
- You’re a strong communicator and can work efficiently with different stakeholders.
- Native or fluent English language skills.
What we offer
- The ability to work remotely.
- Contribute to a real-life product used by thousands of users every day.
- Work in a dynamic, exciting and fun startup environment where every person has a voice and can have a real impact on company success.
- Flexible working hours, frequent team events and exceptional co-workers.
- Support for personal development, trainings, conferences and continuous learning.
- A beautiful office in Berlin with an awesome view over the city.
- Team retreats twice a year to a remote location. Last time we took the team to a villa in Morocco!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Germany Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈