4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe
Category: Software Development
Do you have a passion for solving the most cutting-edge customer problems with data and analytics? Do you love maps and geospatial apps? Do you want to be part of a high performing team at a rapidly growing tech company with an awesome culture? Do you have expertise and demonstrated success dimensioning and defining geospatial solutions? If so we want to talk to you!
We are looking for 3 Backend Engineers experienced in Python to join the global leading platform for analyzing location data. This position is based in Sevilla, although we accept candidates working remotely.
- Work with an experienced team to build cutting-edge backend systems that feed beautiful maps and meaningful geospatial apps.
- Research, arrange and aggregate terabytes of data to get the most accurate insights for CARTO customers. Don't count data, make data count.
- You will learn everything there is to know about mapping technology.
- Be required to come to Sevilla from time to time if you work remotely.
- You will work on improving and automating the current Data release process, as well as on revamping the ETL process to make it easy for partners and customers to contribute new sources of data.
- Become a tech leader, who will be a referent for the rest of the team.
- A human being with an insatiable thirst for learning.
- Quick to grasp new concepts and quick to take on new challenges.
- Experienced building applications with Python and familiar with Python modules.
- Experience designing REST APIs using technologies like AIOHTTP or Flask.
- Ideally, experienced with large software applications of either very high demand or with very large databases.
- Someone who has enjoyed working with various databases and has solid SQL foundations.
- Desirably, also familiar with PostgreSQL and PL/Python.
- Mature in your approach to software development, in how you test, fine tune, and document when required.
- A skilled communicator, and fluent in English.
- Willing to contribute to our culture of openness, constant feedback, and iterative improvement.
What they offer
- Full-time job
- Salary based on experience (up to 40.000 EUR gross per year).
- Competitive, results-based compensation (10% bonus).
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment.
- Private medical insurance and stock options.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming multicultural and multilingual company with a supportive, team-work oriented work environment.
- An opportunity to get in early to a company that will be category defining, backed by the same VCs that have backed companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox and Cloudera.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!