5 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Category: Software Development
We’re looking for talented engineers who want to be part of our young company in an exciting time of growth. Your skills will help us make EmailOctopus the preferred email marketing platform for millions of users around the world.
# About us
We provide email marketing that’s simpler, more intuitive and better value, to help anyone with an audience grow. So far, our customers have sent almost ten billion emails and saved over $250,000 on their email marketing bills.
Our main office is in East London but we're big advocates of remote working. Our small team is currently spread across the UK, Vietnam and Canada. We're a British company so we're looking for team members with a right to work in the UK – but we're happy for you to be based anywhere in the world.
# The role
As an engineer at EmailOctopus, you’ll maintain our architecture and help us plan and develop the infrastructure for new features. Your skills will help us ensure that our platform is robust, tested and set up to succeed at scale, so we can keep reliably delivering billions of emails on behalf of our users.
# Our tech
We're sending over 100 million emails a week and processing a huge amount of associated data – 10 TB and counting! Doing this affordably (fair pricing is one of our core values) brings some unique and fun challenges.
Here's how we do it:
- Most of our platform is running Symfony 4.3, inside a modern PHP stack
- Bootstrap 4, JQuery and Vue.js makes our dashboard look nice
- Redis helps us send our emails, and Python means we process those events quickly
- CloudFormation, DynamoDB, EC2, Lambda (serverless), SES, RDS (MySQL) and many other AWS technologies help us operate reliably at scale
- ...and lots more tech – we always try to use the best tool for the job
# You should apply if:
- You're excited by our technical challenges
- You have the right to work in the UK, but enjoy working flexibly from anywhere in the world
- You're highly familiar with AWS and are comfortable designing scalable architecture
- You've worked on large data pipelines or automated workflows
- You like the idea of working for a small company and having a big impact, and you have the ability to work with a high degree of self-motivation and limited supervision
# Bonus points if:
- You have experience in the email marketing industry
- You have experience in PHP and its web frameworks, like Symfony/Laravel
- Work from anywhere
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A generous budget for office space and any equipment you need to do your job well
- Personal learning budget of £1,000 a year
- £50 a month towards a fitness membership
# How to apply
Sounds like a good fit? Fill out our [application form](https://emailoctopus.typeform.com/to/S1HzZK) and we'll get back to you in a couple of days.
*We're looking for people who approach work with enthusiasm, integrity, empathy and a sense of humour. If that sounds like you, then you're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match the job description.*
*Ideally, we're looking for someone full-time but we're open to other arrangements. Let us know what you're looking for and we'll see if we can make it work.*
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
To the best of our knowledge this position has no geo-restriction.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈