Back End Software Developer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US only
Category: Software Development
Here at Crisp, we value the strength in teamwork, and strongly believe that it’s the key to Crisp’s success. By bringing together bright, motivated creators, wherever they live and work, we are leveraging humanity’s diversity of experience and background in order to understand the challenges facing our food supply, and solve them together. Come join us, and help build the type of business you’d like to be a part of.
We are a socially conscious, distributed team. We give you the opportunity to solve challenges in the global food industry while living where you’re most comfortable and working in areas where you can help foster and grow the community that you are a part of.
We believe in transparency, diversity, merit and fostering a culture of empowerment, personal impact and career growth. As part of early engineering at Crisp, you will have the unique opportunity to take products from concept to production as we build towards our goal of becoming the global technology platform for the food industry. You’ll leverage your experience working with cloud native applications to ingest, transform, and expose industry data to help revolutionize how the food supply chain works.
Signs of a great candidate for Crisp
- Collaborative. You know that your colleagues’ perspectives will make our customers successful. Similarly, you use your strengths to help us grow together. You propose ways for us to be more engaged and successful with our customers.
- Customer focused. Our customers are at the forefront of your day. You prioritize our customers’ voice to ensure their needs are met.
- Ambitious, curious, and resourceful. You are innately curious, and you aren’t afraid to work hard. You are self driven, you take direction well but are able to be creative to find results on your own when asked. You are driven to succeed because your hard work and results make you proud.
- Disciplined and reliable. We are a distributed company and you enjoy the benefits of working distributed while consistently delivering what you have committed to. When you hit a snag, you communicate and reset expectations early.
- Appreciative of honest feedback. You know that the best way to learn and grow is through constructive feedback delivered kindly. You view feedback given to you as an opportunity to get better and strive to do the same for others.
- Work smarter and harder. You often identify a problem, create a solution and bring it to a state of completion - with others, or even on your own. You find ways of eliminating or automating stuff that is uninteresting or wasteful.
Signs of a great candidate for this role
- Experienced cloud developer. Here at Crisp, our SaaS business is cloud native. We’ve chosen GCP as our cloud platform, and we prefer to use solutions exposed by GCP whenever possible. We use GKE, CloudSQL (Postgres), Google’s Istio, etc. and while it’s not a requirement that you have experience with these particular technologies, being familiar with some equivalent cloud platform (AWS, Azure) will make it much easier to be successful in this role.
- Experience working with Cloud ELT. We’re all about data. And knowing how to ingest it, store it, and extract the value hidden in it is central to what we do. We don’t have a specific requirement that you’ve used any particular technology, but having experience with ELT pipelines either in GCP, or elsewhere, is a major plus for this role.
We are building a team of product people with a breadth of combined experiences so that we can collaboratively enable our customers to be successful. There are no hard requirements on specific background, experience or geographical location. Instead we’re looking for individuals that are capable, reliable, and hoping to grow along with us. Do you have strengths you can share? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!