Back-End Magento Developer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Software Development
Due to our growing client base we are currently looking for an experienced Back-End Magento Developer to join our development team on either a remote or office based basis.
Here at Xigen we are an established and fast-growing Ecommerce Agency based in Bedford, focusing on the design, development and marketing of high-performance ecommerce sites. Working with a large number of clients from SMBs to multinational blue chips. There is a focused but informal atmosphere in the studio with around 40 team members who enjoy the companies diligent and helpful approach to client projects.
What will you be doing?
As the Back-End Magento Developer, you will be responsible for developing both new and existing ecommerce sites for a variety clients. If you're interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code, then this job is for you. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
Some of the day to day duties of the Back-End Magento Developer will include:
- Developing both new and existing applications
- Ensuring all code is tested and reviewed to the highest standards
- Clear communication with the team, and utilising project management tools such as Teamwork, Basecamp and Trello
What we're looking for:
As the Back-End Magento Developer, it is essential that you have:
- Commercial experience developing with Magento
- Excellent MySQL experience
- Solid experience working with Linux based Terminals
- Experience working with Composer
- Excellent knowledge of Git
It would also be a benefit if the Back-End Magento Developer was:
- Magento certified
What about you?
- If you're a self-confessed Nerd, Geek or Techy – then you'll fit in just right
- We look for gifted candidates that have a life interest for all things web and developing code
- Candidates must have the right to work in the UK
- Xigen is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation
What can Xigen offer you?
As well as a salary of between £30,000 to £35,000 per annum, we offer:
- 20 days holiday + public holidays and Christmas / New Year shutdown
- No desks phones for developers (leaving you free to do what you do best)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working available
- 5 professional development days per year
- Quarterly company profit share bonus
- Dedicated 'chill out' room in the studio with a with sofa, big tv, ps4, VR, football table and shuffleboard
- Free hot & cold drinks, plenty of fresh fruit and cakes are all available, just help yourself
If you like what you've read and would like to join one of the UK's fastest growing Digital Agencies, then hit apply and we'll be in touch!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈