Back End Developer
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Software Development
What is Greenline?
We are a Canadian cannabis point-of-sale (POS) with the vision of building the most reliable, scalable and secure omni-channel retail experience in the world. We have a rapidly growing team that's distributed across Canada, working remotely to support 250+ retail stores that process millions of payments a year.
Why do you want to work here?
- "Find something you love to do and you'll never work a day in your life."
- We're passionate about our work and we have fun every day
- We care about you and where you want to take your career; pick your project and things you want to do, we'll do our best to make it happen
- Have an idea? Know a better way of doing things? Tell us about it, let's make it happen
- You like to work on hard problems and be challenged on a daily basis
- Our goal is to put the right people in the right place and let them focus on doing what they do best. It's simple we get the best out of you and you get the best out of us.
API Platform Team
Types of projects?
- Developing new pipelines with the team
- Problems of Scale: We tripled last year, we plan to do the same this year or better.
- Micro-services, serverless, event based architecture
- API first
- High throughput APIs
- Building new services, expanding our APIs, and coding new features
Who you are, and why we'd want you?
- Developer, coder, builder.
- Event Driven and Serverless Architecture is more than a concept to you
- AWS is your second home
- Micro-service architecture is something you can have a real conversation about. The good and the bad
- Knowledge of both NoSql and RDBMS
- You not only advocate for good quality code and best practices but lead by example
- Team player and not afraid to speak up.
- There's no room for code ego when you're looking at personal growth. Best idea wins with a team
How we work?
- "The process serves the work"
- Improving the team through mentorship, proposing improvements, and sharing knowledge
- If there are better ways of doing something, let's do it.
- Stack: Node, Express, TypeScript, Restful API
- AWS: ECS, ECR, RDS, Lambda, EventBridge, SQS, etc.
- Tools: GitHub, New Relic, TravisCI, AWS CLI, AWS CDK
- Process: Agile, Sprints, Retros, Design Sessions, Pull Requests, Paired Programming, Lunch'n Learns
- Location: 100% Remote, Work from anywhere in Canadian time zones
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈