Back End Developer
4 days ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Bulgaria
Category: Software Development
How would you like to get involved with one of London's most exciting art startups?
Rise Art is the curated online gallery for outstanding professional artists. We're a sophisticated technology platform bringing together traditional art-world expertise and advice for those seeking high quality artwork for any setting.
Profiled in the Financial Times, Guardian, BBC and the Sunday Times, Rise Art has been consistently recognised as one of the leading online platforms transforming the primary art market. We're a small, passionate team dedicated to helping professional artists expand their collector base while opening up the art world to those interested in art, regardless of their location.
We are searching for a passionate back-end developer with experience to drive the development of the next stage of Rise Art's commercial platform. The right candidate must have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience in architecting and developing scalable RESTful and GraphQL based API applications, event-driven microservices, fluency in coding key back-end technologies, good communication skills, and most of all enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, dynamic and challenging early stage technology venture. We are looking for someone who is self-sufficient and is eager to take the initiative and ownership of new customer driven products and services.
- Designing and implementing serverless event-driven microservices
- Development of the Rise Art API backends
- BA/BSc in CS or equivalent, MSc a plus
- Expertise in developing RESTful APIs, GraphQL, AWS API Gateway and Serverless
- Experience with NodeJS, AWS Lambda (or other serverless functions), AWS SNS/SQS (or other queuing systems), and general serverless architectures
- Strong analytical abilities; mature sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Ability to work in a small, dynamic team, and adapt to a changing environment
- Excellent command of written & spoken English
- Knowledge of front-end technologies (JS, CSS, HTML) and React based applications
- Experience deploying multi-lingual global applications a plus.
- Knowledge of PHP and MVC frameworks
- You'll be part of a small, competent and highly ambitious team
- Be part of an exciting industry that is rapidly migrating online.
- Fully remote working
- A Perks @Work account for significant discounts on products and experiences
- Excellent tax-efficient employee equity scheme.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Bulgaria.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈