1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
Nixa.io is currently working with a company that is looking to hire a senior back-end developer. The company is building world-class experiences for defining, delivering, and collaborating on design projects. Through their platform they connect pre-vetted design talents from all over the world with large and well known businesses and enterprises. They are a people+technology company based nowhere that hires the brightest and most ambitious talent from everywhere. They are alumni of the Y combinator and have investors like Slack and Freestyle Capital onboard the team.
As a Back-end Developer you will:
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams partnering with engineering, design and product folks finding solutions on a wide range of product areas
- Make well-informed decisions based on a deep understanding of customer needs, engineer needs and strategic business directions
- Manage our entire server stack using AWS and Jenkins
- Lead and architect the backend from a semi-monolithic service to separate servicesKnow when to move fast by making quick APIs and when to apply attention to refactor the product
- Lead and build a public facing API that will be the basis of our platform strategy
- Ensure uptime and code quality by improving tests, reviewing code and pairing with other developers
- Write robust, efficient and maintainable code and tests
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Actively follow industry trends and maintaining strong interest in cutting edge technology
- You have experience with Kotlin and/or Java (Bonus points if you have used Spring Boot and Hibernate)
- You are primarily based in a time zone +/- 3 hours from UTC
- You have done some DevOps and have familiarity with AWS, Terraform, Jenkins, and securing our server
- Experience in distributed systems, and how to migrate a monolithic service to microservices
- Deep knowledge in AWS services
- Strong knowledge in SQL and RDBMS databases (We use MySQL)
- Strong knowledge in logging tools (We use Datadog)
- Interested in design and project management systems
- Have worked in a cross-functional product team before
- The freedom to choose the location and hours that are best for you to work and have an impact
- Join a team of highly skilled and senior engineers
- Competitive salary
- Stock options in a fast growing international startup
- 25 vacation days per year
Nixa.io handles all application for this role and all applicants have to pass our pre-qualification process to become available for the company. The pre-qualification process consist of a 2-hour technical challenge and a short video call with someone from our team. After passing this process, your profile will become available for the company's CTO and you will be invited for a first interview if they find your profile interesting.
Come join us today! 🚀
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈