Back End / API Engineer (Platform)
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe
Category: Software Development
The payments landscape is changing rapidly with hundreds of ways to accept payments online globally. Primer needs to be a constant in a world where new payment methods, and payments services are being unveiled regularly. Given the plethora of innovation in this space, payments has never been more complex to implement and maintain.
We need you to help us create the ultimate payments API, geared towards engineers and offering the best possible developer experience. Imagine - one awesome payments integration which can do it all! No small feat, we've got the blueprint if you've got the talent.
We're looking for a highly skilled Back End engineer to join our "Platform" team, developing our most business-critical technology and external APIs.
- Designing and implementing highly secure, fault tolerant APIs
- Working in close collaboration with our infrastructure and front-end teams
- Taking ownership of key technology decisions, building for scale and optimising for output
- Conducting code reviews and mentoring juniors
- Developing deep payments expertise, always looking for ways to optimise our merchant-facing APIs to improve developer experience
- Creating detailed internal documentation for the projects you work on
- Experience building high performance, distributed systems
- Passion for beautiful, well tested code
- Highly motivated self-starter who values autonomy and getting things done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a remote team, and in a fast-paced environment
- 👯♀️ All expenses paid bi-annual get-togethers
- 💻 Machine + peripherals of your choosing
- 💸 Share options offered as part of package
- 🤑 Up to £500 towards your home office setup
- 📚 Books + other learning resources on us
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈