1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Netherlands
Category: Software Development
Who We Are:
At Abstraction, we go beyond boundaries. We always challenge the status quo, and each other. We solve difficult problems, and don't stop until we've exceeded expectations. We are always looking to explore uncharted territory. We are always transparent about what we do, and who we are.
We create our own IP, as well as co-develop and adapt other games. We started slightly over eleven years ago as two people in a garden shed, and now have over fifty people across the globe, with our headquarters in a newly renovated office in Valkenswaard, in the Netherlands.
We also recently opened our Warsaw office. We have a small but highly skilled team that is working together with the team in Valkenswaard on our projects.
We encourage an open and collaborative atmosphere. We surround ourselves with incredibly talented people who naturally promote a culture of discovery and innovation and we work on many different projects simultaneously, so we value versatile people who can wear many different hats.
Some of our previous successes are Ark: Survival Evolved, PixARK, SNK Heroines, The King of Fighters XIV, Hotline Miami 1&2, Don't starve, the Sexy Brutale, Broforce, and more!
Where We Are:
Valkenswaard is an idyllic upscale town, named for the falcons that live in the nearby woods. It's situated just south of the city of Eindhoven. Eindhoven is the tech center of The Netherlands, and a thriving international city. It is very modern, progressive, and diverse. Small enough to explore on a bicycle, and large enough to house the country's top technical university, a top-tier football team, and the longest bar and restaurant street in the country.
Who You Are:
- Someone with a keen interest in build automation or working as an automation engineer
- Knowledge or understanding of Continuous Integration and Build Environments
- Knowledge or understanding of automated build systems such as Jenkins
- Experience with source code management software such as Bitbucket, Perforce or similar
- Proficiency with Linux System Administration
- Proficiency with scripting languages used in automation
- Great with lateral thinking and motivation to work independently and on a team
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation from the beginning of a project through completion
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Foster innovation: you are continuously looking to improve products and processes
- Be proactive, self-motivated and keep a positive team-oriented attitude
- Strong English communication and writing skills
Bonus, if you have experience with:
- Great interpersonal skills
- Experience in the games industry
- Development experience, as an automation engineer or in a similar role
- Familiarity with PC and Console game development techniques and best practices
- Familiarity with patching systems, asset dependencies, and automated testing
- Familiarity with multiple-branched development
- Programming experience or knowledge with C++
- Working knowledge of the AWS or similar platform (such as Google Cloud or Azure)
What you'll do:
- Work with the studio leadership and IT to establish priorities and a product roadmap
- Development: Optimize existing development workflows by reducing build times, improving code quality, analyzing and improving build steps. Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation of new solutions
- System: Design and build automated development, build and test solutions. Identify bottlenecks and improve parts of the platform to make it them more robust and scalable, embracing new technology when it has clear benefits
- Operations: Make sure the services and frameworks provided by our team are up and running. Investigate and fix failures. Take actions to prevent future failures.
- Setup for development, testing and production (live) environments for the automation systems
- Provide and maintain documentation for end-users and developers
Are you interested and do you fit above profile?
Send us your CV and motivational letter in English. We love to hear from you!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Netherlands.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈