Founded in 2014, BackMarket
is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. With 158M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up very morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : our Bureau Of Technology.
What you'll be doing :
• Guide the development and testing of best practices for private and public API design (ex: versioning, depreciation) with the different teams & API chapter.
• Ideally, strong experience with architecture and hands-on developing modern APIs - we've found that the best API leads are those who code. The focus is design and architecture of APIs, including decoupling the business logic from Authentication, Authorization, Observability, etc.
• This integration-side API lead engineer needs to clearly understand the differences, and be able to speak both app/web/consumption and back-end/integration/exposure languages because alignment between the two concerns is critical.
• To be tasked with understanding the ins and outs of the cloud stack API platform
What we're looking for :
• Knowledge about API design guidelines standards, patterns, and best practices especially with documentation (Swagger), specifications (Open API 3.0) & tools (Stoplight, Postman, MkDocs...).
• Implementation experience of API Service architectures (Stateless, Microservices, REST, gRPC & graphQL).
• Proven experience and fluency with server-side app development
• Solid knowledge of API, backend server components and performance optimization
• Knowledge of authentication, authorization of service via OAuth 2
• Experience with CI/CD Tools for deployment automation of critical platform components
• Educate other team members on how to operate and leverage the platform for best advantage in the organization, in turn increasing adoption and providing even better leverage.
• API as a product (including specifications, versioning, monitoring, alerting etc.)
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job : through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day : you will have the freedom to innovate and adapt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun : you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, open minded and friendly environment.
Backmarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.