1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Category: Software Development
We are Chip and we're on a mission to build the best savings app to help our users to put money aside to enable them to do more with their money.
We use cutting edge tech and AI to shake up the slow, stagnant and old-fashioned market.
We’ve built a clever app that makes stashing cash easier, faster, and smarter. It makes your financial goals happen automatically and gets you feeling good about your money.
We’re growing fast, and we have some very exciting plans. So we need a Android Engineer to help us make them happen.
NB: Expected start date 1st September
We are looking for an Android Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. This Android app developer will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. Android programming works closely with other app development and technical teams.
Main duties of the role include;
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Our ideal candidate will have;
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Proven working experience in Android app development
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Experience with Android SDK and Kotlin
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Android certified application developer
- Android Architecture Components in particular:
- MVVM (Cards architecture: View, ViewModel, ViewModelFactory, Navigator, Repository, RepositoryFactory)
- £35,000 - £55,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Share option scheme.
- 5% interest bonus on your Chip account
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- Flexible/Remote working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted + bank holidays + Xmas to New year but policy not to count) ✈️
- Free Classpass membership or gym membership
- MacBook Pro or similar
- Based in the heart of Chancery Lane
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup.
Our Interview process: 📖
- Phone Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Video interview with the squad lead
- Take home technical test
- Final Interview and chance to meet your new peers
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!