1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Asia, Africa, South America, Middle East or Eastern Europe
Category: Software Development
—————This is a %100 remote position—————
We are still hiring remotely even through the Covid-19 epidemic. We are looking for people from Asia, Africa, South America, Middle East, and Eastern Europe.
Duelit is a venture-backed mobile skill gaming platform that allows users to bet with their friends on the games they play. Our app allows people to compete with each other playing simple games like replicas of Candy Crush, Tetris, Beer Pong etc. all within one app. What's special with our app is that we send the winner their money via PayPal! We also organize eSports tournaments, where many users can compete to win a big cash prize. We are a small team, and work 100% remotely!
We are currently looking for an experienced and talented Senior Android Developer, that will work with the already existing Android project in order to improve it and implement new features while fixing issues that may arise when rolling it to the users. You will be the second person on the Android team, therefore will have huge impact on the apps’ success.
In this role, you will get to be on the front-lines of an early-stage venture-backed startup! You will have the autonomy to make your own decisions regarding the Android app, and grow with the company.
- Be an integral part of the Android team
- Bring our Android app to the same level as our iOS, which gets 200 downloads per day.
- Write clean and reusable code, with perfect documentation and test scripts, with no exception
- Build new features decided by the product team
- Understand project requirements, elicit feedback, and refine solutions accordingly
- Work diligently in a virtual team environment, with leaders and teammates located
- around the world
- Optimize the existing Android code for better performance, usability, and scalability
Required Skills and Experience
If you lack some of these skills or experiences, we would require you to show us that you can learn the skill fast, or have a very similar skill or experience. The hiring process involves coding challenges to test your technical skills.
- 2+ years of Android development experience
- Perfect English, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of REST connection libraries like Retrofit and Volley
- Used software design patterns like MVC for Android
- Experience with adjusting Android layouts to a wide range of devices
- Expert knowledge and extensive experience of Gradle system is a must
- Advanced knowledge of Firebase as we use it for real-time communication between apps
- Can write clean code with excellent documentation and unit test scripts
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn new technologies as required
- Motivated to write quality, readable code.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic virtual environment.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision while also being a great team player
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Worked before in a remote environment
- Proficient in version control systems such as git and BitBucket
- Proficient in tools like Fabric/Crashlytics/Instabug
- Previously uploaded a production app to the Play Store
- Worked with agile methodology before
- Unity experience
- Game development experience
- Worked in a Gaming company before
- SDK development experience
- Knowing Spanish is an asset (we have many Spanish speaking people in the team)
If working remotely, and being part of the core team of a venture-backed early-stage startup excites you, and you are ready to grow with us, apply!
Just to note, as we hire from around the world, and we work 100% remotely, the wages we offer are not US/EU wages. If you are from these regions, the wages would probably not be what you expect.
You can download our iOS app from the App Store and our Android app from our website at www.duelit.com, check us out!
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!