AI Developer _ Machine Vision
2 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Software Development
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn and heal.
With over 2,700 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
- 3 to 6 months
- Newark \ Remote within The UK
In the Intelligence Operations sector we have vehicle mounted imagery systems that record photos and 3D laser data for our clients incorporating a spatial element, whereby the images have a GPS coordinate. This imagery is processed and served on an online platform for our clients, played back as a moving ‘video’. Due to GDPR compliance from May 2018 all the images must be redacted with Vehicle Registration Marks (VRMs or number plates) removed as well as any faces visible within the imagery. We have redaction software in place, but it is limited in what it achieves; it redacts objects it shouldn’t, runs quite slowly and uses 3rd party licensing.
We are seeking a contractor that understands the issues of finding objects within imagery, identifying them with a high level of accuracy and highlight / redacting them. With the advent of Artificial Intelligence and all the object recognition software available on the market at the present time due to automotive self-drive etc, the technology has advanced significantly. We need to leverage these advancements within any application we deliver.
Two initial applications must be delivered:
- Object training - whereby an image is loaded into the application, the VRMs and faces are identified and stored in a library
- Processing of the imagery - this needs to be multithreaded and run on a standard windows OS, with a high throughput of imagery, running at a high frequency of many images per second
With the completion of the redaction software, it is our aim to go further with the object recognition. Notably roadside assets such as road markings and signs and also defect identification, such as potholes. We required the software to be fit to find most objects with a very high hit rate.
We are seeking .NET software developer to be under contract for a period of 3 to 6months – you must have strong technical skills with an open mind to emerging development techniques and technologies, primarily around the imaging, machine vision, object recognition and AI space. You’ll have a willingness to learn and apply your knowledge and experience in making informed design and architectural decisions with the ability to communicate those decisions and build consensus within the wider team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coding in .NET, particularly C# and .NET Core (.NET 5)
- Analysis, Design, Development and Debugging of systems and applications
- Work with software developers, project managers and client operations teams to produce, enhance and maintain applications, systems and websites
- Research new technologies for eventual implementation in enhancing systems, web applications and websites
- Participate in the overall functioning of the development team using industry standards and best practices
- Peer reviewing and testing of other team members' work
- Developing technical specifications
- Configuration of Continuous Integration and deployments
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of and experience with Machine vision applications and AI
- A good Bachelors’ with honours or Masters’ degree in an engineering, scientific, numerate / technical discipline
- Strong in C# and ASP.NET
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of building and consuming APIs
- Experience with Unit Testing Frameworks such as MSTest, XUnit or NUnit
- The ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The ability to communicate complex information and ideas to colleagues and works to build consensus
Some experience or knowledge of any of the following is not essential but would be warmly received:
- Cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS
- Node.js development
- WebSocket development
- Agile methodology
- NoSQL such as MongoDB, Redis
- React and Redux
- LESS / Sass
- Elasticsearch, Kafka, RabbitNQ, etc.
- Azure DevOps
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈