VP of Sales
4 days ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Adwerx, an Inc. 5000 fastest growing private companies four-time honoree, is dedicated to helping businesses of any size achieve their digital marketing goals. Our innovative platform allows our customers to effortlessly deliver hyper-targeted advertising on social media, streaming TV and premium websites with the power of industry-leading, turnkey automation. We're committed to creating the simplest solutions and best experiences, leaving a positive wake wherever we go. We also have an award-winning benefits package, were rated as one of the Triangle Business Journal's Best Places to Work, and is headquartered in the heart of Durham, NC.
About the Role:
The Vice President of Sales reports directly to the Chief Revenue Officer and is responsible for the direction and leadership of our 35 person growing sales team.
We're looking for a problem solver, innovator, and dreamer who is searching for a high growth and fast-paced environment. Like us, you're a high performer who's an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team wins together.
What You'll Do:
• Develop a deep understanding of our story, our products, our customers' needs, the product messaging, and competitive landscape
• Be a role model for the company culture
• Hire strong sales talent and create an excellent sales culture
• Manage overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management
• Apply a thorough understanding of the marketplace, industry trends, and products to all management activities and strategic sales decisions
• Set appropriate metrics for sales pipeline generation, accurate pipeline reporting and sales forecasts
• Define and execute a revenue strategy utilizing data analytics and programs that ensure predictable, repeatable, and scalable sales results while maximizing revenue potential from existing and prospective customers.
• Enjoy rolling up your sleeves to personally handle “must-win” deals
• Lead, inspire, train and motivate the sales team to help them achieve their sales plans and activities
• Ensure that the team has the knowledge, skills, and developmental plans to overachieve their quotas
• Ensure that all sales opportunities are accurately recorded and maintained in Salesforce to enable accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue forecasts
• Implement and adjust the sales performance metrics and hold the sales team accountable to milestones and objectives
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience)
• 8+ years of demonstrated success leading quota-carrying sales teams
• Passionate about technology and marketing
• Inspirational leadership with a strong track record of recruiting, developing and retaining high performing enterprise sales organizations
• Integrity and humility in your leadership approach
• A leadership style that balances communication, mentorship, and healthy motivation
• A passion for closing as both a player and a coach
• Takes ownership of all sales team quotas
• Demonstrated ability to execute and implement change
• Verifiable proof of consistent and significant sales growth over 3-5 years
• Robust Salesforce analysis, reporting and forecasting skillset
• Operates well in a high-growth, fast-paced environment; always embracing change and projecting that throughout the organization
• A proven growth mindset, nimble and adaptable
About Our Benefits And Perks:
- Competitive salary and potential for equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options (100% of basic plan premiums paid by company)
- 401(k) plan with a company match of up to 4%
- Option to work 100% remote or from our Durham office when it open back up
Inc. 5000 - 2017 (inc. 500), 2018, 2019, 2020
Inc. Best Places to Work - 2018, 2019
Triangle Business Journal Fast 50 - 2017, 2019, 2020
Triangle Business Journal Innovation Awards - 2018 (Jed, our CEO)
NC Mid-Market Fast 40 Awards - 2018, 2019
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈