VP Channel Sales (US)
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
The VP Channel Sales (US) finds and wins relationships with new SaaS channel partners. This is a senior role for an accomplished and ‘cloud business’ experienced sales professional selling to C-levels.
Definition of the Platform.sh White Label Channel: Software vendors, systems integrators and managed hosting service providers currently delivering - or looking to deploy new - SaaS applications and/or DevOps services in the cloud.
Rather than build their own, they will take our PaaS service and resell it in various forms, likely white-labelling / rebranding it as their product. The main target will be organisations already generating tens to hundreds of $m in revenues from the applications and/or services that will be the specific target for a Platform.sh sale. Companies at earlier stages of growth, with funding and 3-5 year business plans that take them into the tens of $m’s will also qualify as legitimate prospects.
Platform.sh eliminates the need for DevOps activity associated with cloud infrastructure management, including building Kubernetes, Redhat etc. .
The VP Channel Sales (US) is responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and channel partner recruitment objectives. As per the above White Label Channel definition, this role is focused on developing large strategic “White Label” partners, as well as identifying and developing new ‘earlier stage/high growth’ SaaS channel prospects directly. The candidate will be expected to generate their own leads (in conjunction with substantial support from the marketing team) and have a ‘big game’ hunter mentality.
This role also includes ensuring that the sales and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Reporting to the SVP for Sales PaaS Deployments, the purpose of this role is to find and win new Channel Partners by managing the sales process from hunting to signing:
- Leverage your strong existing network of prospects that fall within the definition above.
- Proactively recruit new qualifying partners; Manage sales pipeline, forecast monthly sales and identify new business opportunities;
- Proactive outreach (both inside/outside your personal network) within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential partners by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network
- Leads WL solution development thinking that best addresses partner needs, while motivating the involvement of necessary company and partner personnel;
- Deliver partner presentations and attend sales meetings and partner conferences;
- Assist in partner marketing activities such as conferences, campaigns and other promotional activities.
- Analyze market trends and accordingly develop sales plans to increase brand awareness.
The ideal candidate :
You are an experienced channel sales professional with extensive knowledge of development best practices, hosting, Platform as a Service, DevOps and web technologies.
- 5-10 years’ experience selling hosted solutions (Cloud, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
- 10+ years of selling software services business value
- An extensive network of relationships with software providers, consulting firms, or coding languages ecosystems (PHP, Java, NodeJS, Python).
- Demonstrate success defining and achieving sales plans and revenue targets.
- Demonstrate past success for building a pipeline of partner opportunities
- DevOps and infrastructure knowledge
- Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills are a must in this highly collaborative role
- A customer-oriented attitude combined with a positive and proactive nature
- Autonomy and the ability to work well with a distant international team
- Ability to travel 40% of your time
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
Platform.sh is the end-to-end Platform-as-a-Service that enables you to build, run, and scale those sites and applications without investing time and money in infrastructure and process. Unlike traditional managed hosting or PaaS providers, Platform.sh gives you a complete set of tools that work together to help teams launch faster, scale reliably/predictably, and invest in work that delivers business value.
Platform.sh serves thousands of customers worldwide including The Financial Times, Magento Commerce, Orange, Hachette, Ikea, Oxford University, University of British Colombia, Ubaldi, Unity, Pon Bik and The British Council.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈