(Senior) Field Sales Executive
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Alkemics is a B2B business platform enabling retailers to discover, negotiate and launch new products from their 1000+ suppliers.
In Europe alone, millions of products are launched every year, each with up to 500 attributes and made by one of 300,000+ manufacturers. Prior to Alkemics, establishing a commercial relationship required numerous back-and-forths between retailers and brands, physically (in trade shows, for instance) or pseudo-digitally (fax, email, XLS templates...) and between various teams (procurement, category management, quality, CSR, e-commerce, marketing...). Because of this painful process, it often took more than 60 days to launch a product. This situation is unsustainable at a time where consumers are demanding a broader product choice, more local products, where Amazon and Alibaba are raising the bar of omnichannel efficiency, and at a time where Lidl and Aldi are setting a standard for productivity.
Alkemics disrupted the space with a fully digital platform where brands create and share their product catalog. Retailers can explore those catalogs and run business workflows, searches or reportings to select, negotiate and list those products in their assortment. Once a retailer is on-boarded, invites are sent to that retailer’s suppliers to join the platform on a freemium basis, enabling quick network growth.
Alkemics was founded in Paris in 2012. With 98 out of the top 100 CPG manufacturers (Nestlé, Unilever, L’Oréal), the 7 largest retailers in France (E. Leclerc, Carrefour, Casino, Auchan, U-Enseigne, Cora, Metro…) and 4 of the largest UK retailers (Tesco, Ocado, Waitrose, Sainsbury) using the platform, Alkemics now holds a very strong and unchallenged position in the French and UK market. The business is now expanding internationally, starting with DACH and BENELUX. Along with international growth, the focus of the business is to leverage its platform and client relationships to build an end-to-end B2B marketplace with the ultimate vision of ordering directly within the platform.
Alkemics raised a total of $50M from tier-1 investors Index Ventures, Partech Ventures, Serena Capital and Cathay Innovation. Its latest funding round took place in April 2020, bringing in Highland Europe, a leading Growth VC. The business is made of 100 employees and is growing extremely rapidly.
Online marketplaces are now commonplace for C2C and B2C markets. This trend has started in B2B sectors too, driving tremendous value and economies of scale. Today, thanks to a captive user base, Alkemics is in a strong position to “platformize” the notoriously difficult retail space. Brands are keen to have their products discovered in a more efficient and elegant way. Retailers are interested in negotiating products more quickly. Brands also want to better control the product introductions within each store.
In your job as a Senior Field Sales Executive, your objective is to commercialise our Software-as-a-Service platform to new customers, going from account mapping to deal closing. You will be responsible for the full Customer Centric Selling process from identifying needs and objectives championing the sequence of events leading to a commercial agreement.
More specifically, you will be in charge of:
- Prospecting the major Retailers of your territory ;
- Collaborating with the Marketing Team to leverage content and events to generate leads and kick-start relationships ;
- Working hand in hand with our Pre-Sales Director to ensure compelling value proposals ;
- Engaging and converting prospects: fostering initial conversations, establishing relationships, and carrying out the negotiations ;
- Closing opportunities, managing legal and financial aspects with the Finance team ;
- Ensuring hand-over to the Professional Services Team teams to maximize value perception from the customer ;
- Tracking progress by stage on our CRM tool (Salesforce).
- Ideal candidate will have 10+ years of successful selling experience, in a SaaS environment, in the retail world, with an existing network of connections in the Retail Sector, especially with Tier 1 Retailers.
- Stability and achievement – Proven history of being a consistent top performer, with 1M+ ARR deal sizes.
- Comfortable with a consultative customer-centric sales approach, with complex sales cycles.
- Ability to work remotely and autonomously as part of a team with pre-sales, implementation consultants currently based out of Paris.
- Willingness to travel extensively to cover the territory as well as to Paris HQ to build and maintain strong ties to the team.
- Comfortable working in a challenging environment achieving revenue targets (ARR, NRR, etc).
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives across large organisations.
- Manage multiple complex sales processes concurrently and effectively.
- Fluent English, French a “plus” but not mandatory as Alkemics uses English as its work language.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- A true startup experience in a fast growing startup.
- Low bureaucracy and daily successes that have a real impact on the business.
- A fast learning-curve with growing responsibilities.
- An aggressive and uncapped commission plan designed for A players.
- Working with smart people, hungry to change the retail world and passionate for success.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈