(Senior) Account Executive / Sales Director
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Founded in 2017, Stacker is an independent publisher creating engaging, research-driven journalism. Stacker focuses on storytelling through data, using authoritative research and expert analysis to create editorial that contextualizes the news. Today, Stacker stories are enjoyed by millions of readers each month across both our O&O domain and growing syndication network of world-class news outlets, including Newsweek, MSN, Hearst, Tribune Publishing, and Lee Enterprises.
Stacker recently launched Stacker Labs, a turn-key content marketing solution that leverages our unique storytelling and syndication capabilities. Combining best-in-class content creation with established distribution and reach, Stacker Labs provides a differentiated growth marketing service for clients and brands.
Stacker is seeking an experienced Sales Executive to lead and oversee sales for Stacker Labs, our newly formed content marketing business. As the head of sales, you’ll report directly to C-Suite and be responsible for identifying and acquiring new business for Stacker Labs. As the first true sales hire, you’ll be responsible for creating our go-to-market sales strategy and executing on the plan to sign new business. You’ll initially own all outbound sales efforts and manage the full-lifecycle sales process, including prospecting, outreach, pitching, and closing. Eventually, you’ll operationalize the sales strategy and create an organizational structure to scale our sales efforts.
We’re seeking someone passionate about digital marketing with the capability to rapidly transition from an individual contributor role to a leadership position. This is a unique opportunity to join on the ground floor of a high growth company and have an integral impact on the success of a new business unit. Day to day responsibilities include:
- Define go-to-market sales strategy for our content marketing business
- Build out and own all stages of the outbound sales process - from prospecting to pitching to negotiating to closing
- Effectively identify high value sales prospects and connect with key decision makers
- Successfully nurture and manage a healthy sales pipeline
- Clearly communicate and position Stacker Labs value proposition to sales prospects
- Research and develop creative tactics to improve the sales process, accelerate time to close, and grow average deal size
- Comfortably navigate across the sales stack, including email automation software, CRM, prospecting tools, etc.
- Collaborate with Stacker editorial, research, and account management to ensure successful onboarding of new clients
- Proactively identify and execute growth strategies to scale sales organization
- 5+ years professional experience in business development or sales; preferably in digital media or content marketing
- Intermediary understanding of digital marketing, content SEO, and earned media strategies
- Experienced seller with the ability to independently own the end to end sales cycle
- Results oriented with a track record of meeting and exceeding quota
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a scrappy and “get stuff done” inclination
- Positive and unflappable personality. Able to navigate rejection with ease
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive self starter able with an innate sense of accountability
- Strategic thinker capable of creative problem solving
- High attention to detail with zero defect mindset
- Passionate about digital media/marketing or journalism
- Aggressive commission structure
- Fully Remote Team
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Matching
- Weekly Meal Expense
- Yearly Education Stipend
- Full Health & Dental Coverage
- Awesome team culture!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈