1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Who We Are
Sapper is a B2B lead generation company based in St. Louis. What we do is simple: we get our clients sales meetings. By identifying our clients' ideal audience and writing unique email campaigns, we capture people's attention and compel them to respond.
What is it like to work at Sapper? Well, we've grown from 5 to 140 employees in about 7 years while becoming one of the fastest-growing companies in the country (Inc. 500 list). Thrilling is probably a good word for it.
When it comes to developing yourself, supporting your team, and expanding the vision, we're unrelenting. We move fast and break things. Change comes from everywhere within our organization because the “from-the-top-down” structure has never been our thing.
We have fun while going above and beyond to push ourselves and our clients, giving and taking constant feedback, and appreciating the opportunity to grow and develop rapidly. Remote workdays, ping-pong, company snacks, outings, and food trucks also make up a huge part of our culture. We're a close team from all different backgrounds who enjoy a good challenge, a flexible work environment, and seeing the direct impact of what we can do.
The Sales Manager is responsible for all sales reps on their team. As the Sales Manager, you will recruit, onboard, and train new sales reps, as well as set targets, performance plans, and rigorous objective standards. Using a Player-Coach mentality you will have weekly one-on-ones with each team member to improve sales performance and discuss any roadblocks as well as serve as a mentor and provide feedback to all team members. The Sales Manager will participate in spontaneous follow-up calls and sales calls to support the team as required. The Sales Manager will need to work closely with the executive team to provide detailed and accurate sales forecasts. Sapper's culture is important to maintain within the sales team, therefore fostering a competitive yet collaborative team environment that allows for feedback is a must. Leading a sales team while working fully remote is a challenge and finding new creative ways to motivate a sales team can be challenging as well, bring those new ideas to the table as the Sales Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Sales Team MRR Quota
- Sales Team Opp creation
- Sales Team Close Rates
- Sales Team average deal size
- Recruit, select, onboard, and train new sales reps
- Set targets, performance plans, and rigorous, objective standards for sales representatives.
- Meet with reps one-on-one weekly to review performance, progress, and targets.
- Coach individual sales representatives one-on-one through phone work and prospecting help sessions to help them improve sales performance.
- Participate in spontaneous follow-up calls and sales calls to support the team as required.
- Plan and run weekly sales team meetings
- Assess current team processes and procedures, identify opportunities for improvement, and implement them
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasts
- Coach, mentor, and provide feedback to team members
- Foster a competitive yet collaborative team environment
- Assess individual performance through observation and measurement, and suggest corrective actions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in leading sales teams
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated track record of meeting/exceeding goals as an individual contributor and/or Sales Manager.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈