Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s mission is to transform early education for every teacher, child, and parent — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $100 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
Based in San Francisco, Denver, and Austin, along with fully remote team members, our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who you are
As an Outbound Sales Development Manager, you'll be responsible for leading a growing team of Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) responsible for the top of our sales funnel. You will interview, hire, coach and mentor SDRs in a high-touch leadership role. You’ll help them make an impact by maximizing daily prospecting efforts - ultimately ensuring we truly can deliver brightwheel into the hands of every teacher, child, and parent.
You will frequently collaborate within and outside your function with Account Executives, Inside Sales Representatives, other Sales Managers, Learning & Development, Performance Management, Ops and Marketing as you steer the SDR team to success.
What you’ll do
- Manage a team of 8-10 SDRs
- Own and achieve significant goals focused on new pipeline generation
- Build and maintain a high performance culture
- Coach reps to excellence within their role and provide support for a long and rewarding career with brightwheel
- Use data to identify opportunities for team and individual improvement and monitor progress over time
- Enable your team by identifying and implementing opportunities to improve productivity and outcomes (e.g., process improvements, daily disciplines)
- Work with other teams to ensure a great customer experience - including a smooth handoff to ISRs/ AEs
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to recruit and interview new team members
Qualifications, skills & abilities
- 2+ years experience as SDR/BDR or Inside Sales Representative
- 1+ years of experience leading or managing a team; preferably in outbound sales for SaaS and/or other B2B technology-based products or services
- Track record of consistently achieving ambitious team goals
- Passion for and demonstrated experience coaching individuals to the highest levels of performance
- Experience growing and scaling a successful sales development team in a fast growth startup environment
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills
- Extraordinarily high level of empathy for our customers
- Must be able to be online and working daily from 9am-5pm Central Time
Brightwheel is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.