Sales Development Representative (SDR)
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
What if everyone got on the same page? This is something we ask ourselves everyday at Bananatag.
We believe great communication is at the heart of every business and we’re here to help companies make meaningful internal communication easy. Because when employees are informed and engaged, they’re happier and they do better work.
Bananatag is an employee communication platform that allows users to save time by managing their email, Slack and MS Teams messages from a single tool. Our industry-leading email designer helps teams to collaborate in real-time on branded, engaging content, then explore analytics to understand the impact their messages are having.
Are you our next Sales Development Representative? We’re looking for a hard-working, organized, and self-motivated individual who wants to grow their career in Sales.This is a unique opportunity to join a really sweet tech company, you can scope us out on Instagram, Glassdoor, and Indeed. We aren’t perfect, but we’re proud of who we are!
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be responsible for prospecting new business opportunities and play a critical role in filling our sales funnel. You thrive on being organized and understand the importance of acting quickly when responding to your prospect requests. You know how to get people excited about Bananatag but also understand the importance of proper qualification. This is a unique opportunity to be on the front lines at a fast growing organization where you will have direct impact on the success of Bananatag's sales team.
Bananatag has a positive, diverse, and evolving culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, impactful. If this sounds like a good fit for you, skim the rest and apply now.
What you'll be up to:
- Detail plays a pivotal role in setting up our Sales team for success!
- Engage with prospects via email, phone, and LinkedIn
- Become a Bananatag expert and answer any questions prospects may have about the product
- Qualify sales leads using both email and phone
- Convert qualified leads into opportunities for Account Executives
- Analyze your metrics to optimize internal sales processes
- Work closely with the Sales Development team to establish ways to improve your outbound sales strategy
- Follow up and nurture prospects until they are ready to engage with Account Executives
What you'll come with:
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Very process oriented
- The skills to work both independently and as part of a team
- Highly ambitious and motivated
Bonus points for:
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Previous sales experience
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- University degree or equivalent
- Competitive salaries with regular compensation reviews
- Comprehensive extended benefits package (health, dental, and vision) from day one
- A progressive ‘Employee Assistance Program’ through Babylon (owned by Telus) Telemedical access to doctors, therapists, and dietitians
- Group Registered Savings Plan program (RRSP)
- 4 weeks of vacation for everyone
- We are a ‘remote first’ workplace now, but have nice offices in Kelowna & Vancouver if that's your thing, or even something in between, but require you to be eligible to work in Canada
- We invest in professional development for you lifelong learners.
- Authority, accountability, and autonomy to succeed at your own pace. A team that embraces knowledge sharing and wearing different hats. There are no lordships and fiefdoms here
- We’re serious about diversity, inclusion and representation. We’ve created a task force to make sure that we’re not just talking the talk, but also walking the walk. Our stance is below
- We surprise and delight our employees from time-to-time, you’ll just have to trust us. ;)
Did you know there are over 1000 different kinds of bananas out there? Each one brings something unique to the table, just like our people. We love that we’re all different; however, we have to admit that not all have been treated equally in the past. Bananatag promises that however you identify you will always have equal access and opportunity to succeed.
We believe in gender pay parity. We’ve taken a public pledge and worked to eradicate gender pay gaps (and gaps in other areas of diversity). We’re committed to bi-annual reviews and making corrections if we fall off track. Our aim is always a $1 to $1 ratio among all Bananas.
We’re certain that at Bananatag you’ll be able to have impact and create an inspiring career.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈