Sales Development Representative
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Automat is looking for a motivated, talented, and consultative Sales Development Representative to join our team. This is a rare opportunity to help build and define the sales efforts at a rapidly growing AI startup. Automat is the fastest way for companies to grow their ecommerce business. Personalized shopping experiences enabled by Automat help companies listen to their customers and learn about their needs so they can recommend the right products and personalized their ecommerce shopping experience.
You will be responsible for creating new qualified sales opportunities through a combination of sales outreach and lead follow-up via emails, calls, and lead-generating tools (i.e., Automat-provided contact subscriptions and networking social media). You will become a trusted resource and develop relationships with prospects, acting as the initial point of contact and setting the tone for the sales cycle to follow as you collaborate with Marketing and Sales Directors to progress leads to closed opportunities in outlined campaigns, leveraging your experience in combination with Automat collateral and provided materials. The ideal candidate will be one who works well under pressure, applies creative sales techniques, easily initiates relaxed but informative two-way conversations with prospects, and is highly self-motivated. The ideal candidate will also understand how to assess a company's needs and cater the outreach to each prospect individually.
At Automat, we are proud to promote a culture of learning and curiosity where you can see yourself, your team, and ultimately Automat succeed alongside our customers. We want a collaborative and energetic individual that can contribute to the sales and marketing teams, work in a dynamic environment, deliver messaging and product feedback back into the marketing and product organization and work proactively to drive overall sales performance. As we continue to grow our sales team, we anticipate that this position will naturally evolve into an Account Executive role and you will have the opportunity to be closely mentored and professionally developed by more seasoned professionals towards that end.
- Develop opportunities from prospecting and marketing generated leads and facilitate warm handoffs of these opportunities to Sales Directors and senior management
- Given target prospect lists, develop & execute on strong prospecting plans of attack to penetrate key accounts – including researching accounts, identifying key players, developing relationship maps, uncovering customer pain points / needs, and generating initial interest
- Have engaging conversations with prospects via telephone, email, LinkedIn, and other social media in an authentic, value-added, and personalized way and with a high attention to detail
- Consistently build lead opportunities to promote pipeline growth
- Track all relevant qualification and lead management activity using Salesforce.com and other tools
- Leverage provided materials and training regarding ecommerce personalization and personalized shopping experiences to effectively communicate the value proposition and be able to react to objections and competitive questions
- Be an active listener in customer conversations and funnel market insights back to sales, marketing, and product management teams to inform strategic sales approach and product roadmap
- 1-3 years of proven excellence in business development, inside sales and/or sales
- Strong understanding of SDR and lead development best practices and procedures
- Capability of understanding customer pain points, requirements and correlating potential business to value that can be provided by personalized shopping experiences
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills – you should be a great writer, speaker, and listener
- Consultative, value-added, and personalized approach with an obsession for prospect happiness and success
- Proven ability to perform successfully given low oversight and limited process – fixing things or defining the process and best practices where needed
- Driven and self-sufficient, positive can-do attitude and grit, and tireless work ethic
- Promotes a strong sense of urgency for reaching goals and key deliverables, acts without being told what to do, and brings new ideas to the company
- Aptitude to manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently
- Experience selling to ecommerce companies, a plus
- Startup experience and/or experience selling into early-stage markets, a plus
- Experience selling new technologies to both early adopters and early-majority pragmatists, a plus
Why join us?
- Grow your skills, learn from your colleagues and develop your career
- Work on cutting edge technology
- Share your ideas and be heard
- Autonomous, accountable, transparent and excellence-driven culture
- Get competitive coverage for you and your family
- Stock-options for all employee
Automat helps businesses provide personalized shopping experiences that increase sales by asking questions, listening to customer needs, and recommending products and bundles. After learning about a customer through conversation, Automat then personalizes the ecommerce website for their specific needs. The site personalization shows individual customers the products that are right for them—complete with product badges, ratings and reviews—in real-time and forever. Unlike traditional personalization that is so subtle that you can't see or feel it, Automat provides AI-powered experiences that consumers love and that drive growth.
Learn more at www.automat.ai
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈