Sales Development Representative
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
There are 2 actors on a network, people and machines. Just as usernames and passwords are used by people to access machines, keys and certificates are used by machines to identify and access each other. Venafi is the inventor of the technology that secures and protects keys and certificates, the most important assets of our Global 5000 customers. We are Warriors!
Are you passionate about making a positive impact and protecting the world from cyber criminals? If so, you may be a natural Venafi Warrior!
How you’ll be protecting the world:
Due to our rapid growth, we are seeking an SDR to join our energetic and collaborative Sales Development team.
Success in the SDR role requires a hunter-mentality to generate qualified prospects for our US sales team. You will follow leads by phone that are generated from Venafi’s marketing programs. You will prospect independently into large named accounts. Working cross-functionally with marketing and field sales teams across the United States region you will generate demand and pipeline for Venafi solutions. This role requires a smart, energetic, resilient results-driven individual who has the desire and ability to become familiar with a wide range of concepts, market trends and effective demand generation techniques within the Machine Identify Protection space. The SDR role is a great career path for an individual that wants to progress into Sales, Sales Ops or Marketing roles.
Compensation is a competitive base salary plus performance-based monthly commission.
- Researching target/named accounts prior to first contact to understand the prospect’s needs and educate the prospects on the benefits of the Venafi platform.
- Educating prospects on the Venafi story and nurture them until they are qualified and ready to talk/meet with an Account Executive.
- Setting appointments for the US sales team when a prospect fulfills the qualified stage criteria
- Ensuring successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information within Salesforce
- Collaborating with marketing to support successful outbound campaigns
- Driving attendance for webinars and set pre-scheduled meetings for conferences/events
- Occasional event support to engage prospects face-to-face
- Collaborating with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approach
- Achieving a set number of calls and emails to prospects on a daily basis
The ideal Venafi Warrior will be armed with:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience outbound cold-calling, targeting multiple levels of contacts including executive management
- Excellent lead follow-up skills responding to and qualifying leads from marketing generated campaigns and incoming phone and web inquiries
- Superior pre-call planning, opportunity qualification and objection handling skills
- Aptitude to manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving your objectives and goals
- Drive, passion and competitiveness with strong desire to compete and win
- Extremely self-motivated and independent with a diligent work ethic
- High level of integrity and strong commitment to building a successful company
- Fearlessness/Resilience– willing to call new people daily to educate and explain the Venafi value proposition as it relates to them
- The courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it
- 100% reliable and detailed-oriented - a drive to execute flawlessly
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent references from prior employers, verifying targets and quota achievement.
What sets you apart:
- Knowledge and experience of the SFDC CRM system and modern selling tools (i.e. Connectandsell, ConnectLeader, Outreach, SalesLoft, Gong, etc.)
- Prior experience in an outbound Sales or Business Development role
While you are busy protecting the world, we’ve got you covered!
In addition to fostering a work environment with a strong work from anywhere ethic, Venafi offers a benefit package that is in the top 1%. We provide 100% employer paid premiums for both team members and their families. That includes health, dental, and vision insurance. YES, REALLY! We offer four weeks of PTO (Paid Time Off), eleven holidays, and a “pick your own community service day.” We also offer 401(k) and company matching, company HSA contribution, 2x salary employer paid life insurance and parental leave. We even offer pet insurance!
More About Venafi:
Venafi is the undisputed heavy weight champion in Machine Identity Protection. Why? Because we created the category and are light years ahead of anyone that would consider competing! Gartner has recognized Venafi as number one in our space and as it turns out, one is NOT the loneliest number!
Venafi is the inventor of the technology that secures and protects keys and certificates. Venafi protects machine identity types by orchestrating cryptographic keys and digital certificates for SSL/TLS, IoT, mobile and SSH. Many of the largest organizations in the world use Venafi.
Billions of dollars have been spent protecting usernames and passwords and almost nothing protecting keys and certificates—organizations are just now realizing that protecting keys and certificates is as important as protecting usernames and passwords. The bad guys know this and are using stolen or forged keys and certificates to attack networks and steal data. In fact, Gartner says 50% of network attacks will use certificates.
Come help us protect the world!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈