Sales Development Rep.
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Dear future Sales Development Representative,
Before we start can we agree to never use the tile SDR again?
The title “Sales Development Representative” or SDR is rote and totally misses what you actually do. You are the heart and soul of the organization. You are the true evangelist and creator of breakthrough.
All the marketing automation, campaigns and emails in the world can’t do what you do.
Only humans via 1:1 contact can create true breakthrough for someone.
In fact, we believe being "Human is SO Under Rated" we have company t- shirts saying just that.
And you LOVE that. You eat and breathe relationships, conversations and helping someone blast a football field size hole right through the limiting beliefs and false beliefs that are holding them back. You eat and breathe sales.
You are a true evangelist and sales person.
I’m looking for someone JUST like you to be the Lead Evangelist at Growth Tools.
We need you to accomplish our mission - help our clients grow their revenue by $100 million.
We believe that humans are built to make things. And one of the best ways to get more people making things is to show them how to sell their products and services so they can dedicate more time and money to creating even more awesome things.
That’s why our mission is helping our clients grow their revenue by $100m per year. It’s a measure of the impact we’re having and how effective we are as a company.
And that is where you come in!
We’re hiring a Lead Evangelist because we need you to take our SDR pilot program we ran in Q1 2021 and grow it into the #1 most impactful sales channel at our company.
This role is a top priority in the company. Why? Because everything we do at Growth Tools is based on creating “aha’ moments in the life of our clients and then coaching them on how to grow their business so they can have more freedom in their life and impact for their customers.
Yet, no one in marketing and sales focuses on doing this via 1:1 conversations and relationships.
That’s where you come in!
You will do 2 things:
- Be Our Lead Evangelist: Take the pilot SDR program we validated and expand it to be a consistent source of new clients by conducting 6-8 calls per day, walking with those clients through the sales process and facilitating 2-3 new clients enrolling each week.
And then in 6-12 months…
- Build A Team Of Evangelists: Once you have perfect the system and it works, you’ll grow a team of evangelist who do what you do. We don’t want you personal time or bandwidth to be a limitation on who we’re able to help and serve. So you’ll grow a team that replicates your success.
This role is important because without you we will continue to be stuck in the land of marketing automation and typical old digital marketing strategies that everyone is sick of. You will change that by bringing a human touch to everything we do!
What you will do in this role?
As Lead Evangelist you’ll have 3 core areas and own 1 primary number.
The core areas you’ll be focused on are below and in priority order:
#1: Host Daily Breakthrough Sessions: Every day you look forward to your “main job” which is hosting 1:1 breakthrough sessions with hungry business owners. You get on the phone with them and within 30 minutes they’ve had an “AHA” moment and a large % of the time they are excited to learn more about our program that help help them execute on that breakthrough.
#2: Get your Daily Breakthrough Sessions Booked: You’re able to use our audience, funnels and systems to get your calendar filled with 6-8 breakthrough sessions every day.
#3: Complete Channel Owner: You own and perfect our SDR (aka: Evangeslist Funnel) channel. You own the entire thing.
Your #1 goal is sales:
And your target is for your SDR activities to directly lead to 8 new clients per month.
You goal is to say to our enrollment advisors: “"Will I scheduled a call with you and Betty..she's PERFECT for the program and is FIRED UP to talk to you" and then do everything in your power to make sure the best fit prospects enroll.
And your 4 primary KPIs are:
- Send 250 emails per day to book calls with hungry business owners,
- Hosts 6-8 calls per day with and created breakthrough for them
- Set 2-4 of those hungry business owners each day into sales calls with our EAs (meaning, they’ve had breakthrough and are dying for us to help them)
- Help facilitate 2-3 of those hungry, and now unlocked, business owners becoming clients we can help.
As the leader in the company, my commitment to you is to always make sure you know what winning looks like and where you stand at all times. This is a performance sales development role.
So, if you LOVE the idea of being praised and rewarded because of you (and eventually your team's) top notch production, you'll love it here!
What will you learn in this role?
If you come from a traditional SDR role in another company, you’ll LOVE the freedome, change of perspective and scope of impact you can have.
If you come from a more traditional account based sales background, you’re going to love the faster pace, higher impact and shorter sales cycles in this role.
However, if you need a closed scope, specific script with well defined processes that are established already. This role is a bad fit for you. Not only will you be creating this role within the company (aka: building it from nearly scratch - we have validated) but you’ll then be systematizing all of what you build so you can create a successful team underneath you.
In short: You’ll be a trailblazer.
There is 0 red tape at Growth Tools. We don’t care about how other people have always done things, how you have always done things or what anyone's SOP is. What we care about is: 1) you love what you do every day and wake up excited to do it; and 2) our clients' success.
We ruthlessly measure both of those on a daily basis.
In this role you will learn:
1. How to create an Evangelist Department (aka: SDR) from scratch
2. How to then grow it to be the single best sales channel in the company
3. How humans genuinely caring for other humans is the best way to product transformation (not fancy digital marketing strategies)
You’ll walk away from your time at Growth Tools having created and executed one of the most creative, unique and successful Evangelist Departments online marketing has ever seen.
Who will you work with?
You will report directly to me (Sam Hill, Director of Sales). We’ll build your team slowly as you we identify the processes needed to be built, you perfect them and we see the need to delegate them out
You’ll also interact with our sales team and leadership team on a regular basis. That includes Bryan (CEO and Director of Sales), Jeanette (Director of Product), Will (Sales team), Daniel (Sales team) and Bryan (Sales team).
Where will you work?
We all work remote and are scattered around North America from Vancouver to Cleveland, and Nashville to Birmingham.
That means you have the flexibility to work from home or a co-working location or to take the family to Peru for the summer and work from your terrace overlooking Machu Picchu.
We don’t micromanage you. Rather, as the Lead Sales Development Evangelist we expect you to be a leader in every way. You will be a daily “in-the-weeds” practitioner (executing key processes) as well as identifying new processes and distilling them into repeatable processes.
What does Growth Tools do and why?
Growth Tools is a marketing agency and coaching company. We work primarily with teaching based businesses (course creators, coaches etc.) to help them grow their revenue and impact. Our tools consist of 10 SaaS products that we give away for free. Our trainings consist of a 1:1 coaching business, Growth University and a 4-week boot camp, Accelerator.
We believe that the world is a better place when people create and those creations are shared.
Example: I looooove Allbird shoes.
Guess how Allbirds came to exist? A random dude, Tim Brown, had the idea for them. And he had enough gumption and know-how to go out and actually make them. Now Allbirds is one of the most successful upstart shoe brands from the past 5 years.
The world is a better place when every Tim out there turns their ideas into real-life products.
That’s why our goal is to generate $100 million dollars in revenue for our clients. That is our measurement that these creations are being shared and real value is being generated as a result.
Do you want to be on the front lines and directly involved with growing some of the coolest and more innovative companies in the world?
If you are beyond excited about discovering and creating processes to help us and our clients grow and run their businesses more effectively, I look forward to talking to you.
(Note: We typically have 100+ applicants for each role we hire. If you want a few pointers on how you can stand out from the pack, read this)
- In your heart of hearts you are a hardcore sales person that loves to create breakthrough and drive sales.
- You have 2+ years of success as a cold calling, outbound prospecting sales rep (i.e. prospecting, business development experience ideally in a competitive, fast paced, recruiting, call center, credit card processing, insurance, phone sales, appointment setting or cold calling)
- You genuinely love listening and uncovering people’s paint points and turning those into breakthrough moments
- You are a natural organizer or process thinker- you LOVE the opportunity, to not only influence but create the most effective systems, processes and tech stack needed to deliver maximum client breakthrough
- You love applying a proven strategy and creating an open dialogue with the client about whether they see the value.
- You LOVE making offers, closing appointments, and know how to navigate the “I need to think about it”
- You are hungry to earn uncapped commissions.
- You take ownership of your results.
- You know how to run a clean sales process and are good at managing pipelines and opportunities.
- You are an extremely hard worker who doesn’t “show up” and “hope someone signs up” but comes early, stays late and does whatever it takes to close deals.
- You love transactional selling and don't feel the need to be “friends” with prospects.
- You know how to close a deal and don’t live in a never ending cycle of “follow up”
- You are a proven appointment setter
- Ideally you understand the digital marketing domain and strategies.
- Ideally you live in one of the 4 North American time zones.
- You are available 9 am - 5pm Monday through Friday for work.
- Work from anywhere in the United States (we're 100% remote)
- Quarterly off-site team retreats
- Competitive base salary ($35,000 - $55,000 based on relative experience)
- PLUS Uncapped commissions ($15,000 - $35,000 expected range)
- Health, vision and dental insurance for you and your family
- Short-term disability and life insurance for you
- Unlimited vacation (mandated 1-week/yr)
- Unlimited education allowance
- Unlimited equipment allowance
- $100/mo. reimbursable personal / marriage counseling
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈