Real Estate Account Executive
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Kasa is building a global accommodations brand. We offer trustworthy, well located, and well priced, home-like accommodations that feature tech-enabled, seamless check-in, and personalized virtual service. We want our guests to not just stay with us but to truly settle into our Kasas while traveling.
Kasa's product is built on the flexibility and scalability of its systems. Unlike a typical hotel, we are able to profitably operate buildings with as few as 2-5 Kasas as well as those with several hundred. And instead of a front desk, we have a 24/7 virtual guest experience team that provides guests with attentive and personalized service. We focus on marrying operations and technology, which allows us to centralize processes, automate tasks and reduce the need for on-site staffing at our locations. This lowers the price for our guests, and improves the value for our landlord partners. We have Kasas all over the country and are expanding into new markets every day.
At Kasa, we aren't only investing in product, technology and properties; we're investing in people! We believe that our teams help the company—as well as each other—grow. We hope each career path at Kasa is unique and exciting. Many employees have been able to advance and move into other roles within Kasa in order to continue pursuing their passions!
This is a fast-paced, individual contributor role that is remote-based and is instrumental to help Kasa continue to expand its real estate portfolio in the United States and beyond. You will be tasked with forming new relationships with institutional owners of multifamily assets, working with the analyst team underwriting potential transactions negotiating and closing real estate deals. Kasa takes a rigorous and uncompromising approach to underwriting.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Real Estate and work with other account executives and analysts. You will work directly with cross-functional stakeholders. We’re looking for a critical, experienced addition to our Real Estate team who can bring their talent and hunger to the cutting edge of the industry. We hope you are excited by the challenge!
The mission of the Real Estate team is to unlock portfolio-wide partnerships to fuel our growth, create tremendous value for landlords through our flexible enterprise solutions, and prioritize properties that are ideal for our operations.
This role is in our Real Estate department. Members of the team have diverse backgrounds in finance, real estate, sales and business development. You will also get to work alongside former leaders at KKR, Apollo Global, Goldman Sachs, Walton Street Capital, and Airbnb. Everyone joined Kasa because they are passionate about building a platform that delivers value to landlords and serves guests seeking trustworthy, well priced accommodations in great locations.
Your time will be spent forming relationships with new multifamily partners, underwriting prospective deals, presenting to the investment committee, and negotiating / closing transactions.
In addition, you will help build the Real Estate team's infrastructure, including evolving the acquisition process and relationship management process.
You will also assist in managing Kasa's relationships with existing real estate partners.
- 4+ years experience in institutional multifamily and/or hospitality management, ownership or brokerage
- Experience negotiating contracts; particularly management agreements
- Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Institutional underwriting and deal negotiation skills
- You have a successful track record of closing deals
- You're highly motivated and able to maintain efficiency while working independently
- You're scrappy and resourceful in sourcing new opportunities
- You're proactive by nature and can act decisively when needed
- You’re a team player who is committed to uplifting your coworkers and the company
- You have business development and/or enterprise sales experience
- Establishing 5-10 key relationships with institutional multifamily partners
- Closing at least 10 new deals for Kasa
- Helping evolve Kasa's underwriting, negotiating, and closing processes
- Being instrumental to hiring, training, and collaborating with 3-5 additional team members
- Collaborating cross-functionally with Technology, Operations, and Finance to improve the accuracy of Kasa's underwriting process
- 🌏 Remote Work: With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere!
- ✈ Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 50% discount on any nights for friends and family
- 📈 Generous Stock Option Plan: We believe the success of our business should be shared with our team. As you grow with us, we increase the opportunities for you to become part-owners of our company
- 🙌 Flexible PTO: Full-time exempt Kasa employees are encouraged to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that it's not disruptive to their work
- 💲 Competitive Salary: We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus commission
- 👩⚕Health Coverage: We've invested in comprehensive health insurance options to help when you need it most
Depending on your location:
- Catered lunches
- Offsite Team bonding events
Kasa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈