Partnership Manager - US
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Sales | Business Development | Partnerships
🚀 Who are we?
At Grip, we’re passionate about bringing professionals together to move markets forward faster. Our leading Market Engagement Platform for Event Organisers enables our clients to create Virtual, Hybrid and Live event experiences in a single solution to make it easier for event participants to connect, engage and do business.
Grip works with 12 out of 20 of the largest Event Organisers in the world and is known for its leading AI-powered matchmaking engine, which has been used to establish millions of valuable connections at thousands of events. As a multi-award-winning global leader in AI-powered tech, we pride ourselves in being real innovators in the event tech space.
Our backers are well-known investors including Brent Hoberman (CEO and Founder at Lastminute.com, Made.com, Founders Factory), Arnaud Massenet (Co-Founder at Net-a-Porter) and Jeremy Roche (FinancialForce, Unit4).
🚀 About the position:
At Grip, we believe in a 'best in breed' approach, this means that integrations and partnerships are an important part of our strategy. We've got over 100 partners and tech companies we integrate with including event registration, live streaming, audience interaction and event service providers.
Your role will be to be the central point of contact for all partners, both internally and externally. Creating best practices, sharing case studies, negotiating and productizing referral and reseller agreements and finding other ways that we can scale through partnerships. You'll work closely with our marketing teams to put a spotlight on integration partners and success stories while working with customer success and sales teams to find partners that can satisfy the needs of our clients in a rapidly changing market.
This is a critical role in the growth of Grip and since you'll be our first Partnership Manager there is the opportunity to have a tremendous impact. We're therefore looking for someone that has a proven ability to grow and scale partnerships in the software space, ideally in Event Technology.
You’ll be a proactive and curious member of our growing sales team but your role spans across Customer Success and Marketing as well to grow existing partnerships at pace. We are looking for someone that takes responsibility for securing new partnerships and identifying growth opportunities within the market before anyone else does.
🚀 Core Responsibilities:
- Manage partners from outreach all the way through successful implementation of a successful partnership.
- Research and identify new opportunities - including new partners, new lines of business that you think Grip should establish partners in or new ways of better serving existing customers by bringing on partners.
- Foster and develop trust-based relationships with partners enabling us to have key insight and intelligence on the overall market.
- Draw up partnership/referral/reseller contracts with support from finance and legal and create material for sales and customer success to make partnerships a success.
- Gain a thorough understanding of sales materials and the Grip offering to be able to advise clients on how to make the most of them.
- Collaborate with other departments on key strategies to grow and leverage the partnerships you've put in place.
- Position yourself as a thought leader through marketing activities such as through speaking at events and blogposts.
- Stay on top of trends and changes in the event technology market and how Grip can take advantage of them.
Things move pretty fast at Grip so, although your role will be focussed on managing partnerships, you'll likely end up wearing quite a few hats and gaining experience across a variety responsibilities
🚀 Grip Benefits
- Opportunity to take lead in shaping an entire industry through AI
- Be the 1st Partnership Manager in the company reporting directly to the VP of Sales
- Competitive commission and bonus based on a combination of personal and company targets.
- A world-class team of sales, operations and engineering
- Kind, fun and ambitious company culture
- A company Macbook and supporting technology to be successful in a WFH environment
🚀 Experience and Skills
- 5+ years in client-facing roles with ideally 2 years as a Partnership Manager (preferably in the SaaS & Event Tech space)
- Ability to manage multiple deals while seeking new opportunities
- Ability to understand client and partner needs, and negotiate costs, contracts and deliverables
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organisational skills
- An understanding of the events or event technology industry highly desired
- A real team player with a proven ability to collaborate across departments and stakeholders
- Flexibility - things move at a fast pace at Grip
- Quick thinker, curious about clients and their challenges with the ability to handle questions on the fly
🚀 We look for people that live by our values:
- Growth Mindset - be curious, take ownership and share knowledge freely and openly
- Be Nice - listen to understand, respect others and support your team members
- Transparency - Open and clear communication, speak up about problems and be honest
- Can-do Attitude - Take ownership of your work and do what it takes to make it a success
- Value Focused - work smart, understand what drives KPIs, always keep our clients in mind
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈