(Junior) Account Executive
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Junior Account Executive, Houston based or Flexi-remote within US
Voyager Portal is a seed-stage VC-backed company advancing the energy industry towards a transparent and zero-waste supply chain. Each year, companies spend ~$400b transporting non-containerized raw materials and manufactured products such as crude oil, natural gas, metals, and wind turbines across the ocean. The Voyager Portal is a workflow and analytics SaaS that helps companies project manage their marine shipments more efficiently. As documents and data are exchanged between users on the platform, Voyager provides real-time insights, analysis, and predictions on the state of their marine supply chain.
Voyager's investors include ATX Venture Partners, Techstars, Blue Bear Capital, Phaze Ventures, Greenhawk Capital, Knightsgate Ventures, and other industry angels. Our customers include some of the world's largest energy companies.
Voyager is a flexi-remote company with office hubs in Houston and Santa Catarina, Brazil. During COVID all employees are remote but when restrictions lift you will have the choice of working at the office or working from home. We value face-to-face interactions, so twice a year the entire team unites for an “all hands on deck” meeting. Previous locations have included Chile, USA, and Brazil.
Why Join Voyager?
If you enjoy working on challenging problems with a diverse and international group of people, then Voyager is a great place to jump in. We deeply value individuals who can work collaboratively and are highly motivated. Startups can be chaotic environments where responsibilities, expectations, and requirements change on a regular basis; being able to navigate this uncertainty and thrive is key.
What we are looking for:
- Min 2yrs experience as an Sales Development Rep/Account Executive within a high growth SaaS company or similar experience within logistics, brokerage, trading of banking
- Entrepreneurial and highly proactive mindset
- Active listeners who can ask the right questions to get to the core of a potential customers pain points
- Strong communicators who can deliver a compelling demo, and explain complex concepts in simple terms
- You thrive in a fast paced environment and are comfortable hitting quotas
- You are capable of working independently within minimal management supervision
- Confidence and professionalism in front of clients
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, business, finance or engineering is desirable
- Intellectual curiosity and love for learning new things
What you will do:
- Work directly with the CEO and COO to support the execution of sales strategy
- Identify target accounts and convert them into qualified prospects
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers markets, trends and macro influences
- Cold call or email potential sales leads or prospects
- Support top of the funnel sales initiatives including content generation, providing demos, and initiating customer discovery calls
- Invest time to fully understand the product capabilities and roadmap
- Communicate clearly the Voyager value proposition and how it relates to the customer
- Building content for customer meetings and co-authoring case studies
- Conduct industry research and market sizing
- Support the creation of marketing content and newsletters
Bonus if you have this:
- You can build great PowerPoint presentations
- Good SQL skills
- Are comfortable navigating WordPress
- Can create great content using FIGMA, Photoshop or other tools
- You experience in commodities/trading/maritime/supplychain/logistics
What we offer
- Competitive compensation in line with regional and market standards plus commission
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare plan or funds to cover health expenses if working outside of the USA
- A flexible work environment where you can blend in the office work with remote work as desired
- Annual leave, maternity leave, and paternity leave
- Bi-annual company-wide get together and regular team outings
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈