Director of Sales Intelligence & Analytics
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Tanium is seeking a world-class Director of Sales Intelligence & Analytics to support the Global Sales organization in driving growth through leading with a solutions-oriented approach and providing accurate and robust data and reporting to the organization. The role will be responsible for global sales intelligence analytics and reporting. In this role, you will work closely with management on all levels to design and build out our business intelligence capabilities.
The Director of Sales Intelligence & Analytics will report directly to the Head of Global Sales Strategy & Operations and will partner with sales leaders and peers in Marketing, Finance, and Customer Success. This will be a strategic role that will provide tactical solutions to support daily operations. The candidate must have a combination of strong leadership skills, analytical data insights and reporting experience, platform, and data architecture skills, and hands-on implementation and operations skills. The candidate should also have hands-on experience in project management, analytical reporting, and data governance.
What you’ll do:
Data Governance & Documentation: Drive the strategy and organization of data analytics and business intelligence efforts to ensure alignment with company strategy. Own the structure, cleanliness, and validation of internal sales data sets from multiple sources. Define and communicate a common methodology for company-wide metrics owned or monitored by multiple stakeholders.
Process Improvement: Design, develop, improve, and implement new processes and procedures and reports to ensure processes meet outcomes the business unit needs.
Scalable Reporting: Responsible for the development of key executive dashboards and reports that monitor business metrics, display customer health benchmarks, and track organizational performance on a monthly and quarterly basis. Work with technology teams to ensure we have the right tools and customization in place for self serve reporting needs.
Cross-functional Business Partnering: Serve as an internal data consultant and partner to internal business units, such as Sales, Marketing, Customer, FP&A, and Technology.
Deep Dive Analysis & A/B Testing: Your team will perform proactive business analysis and drill down on certain business challenges, providing conclusions and advice based on that analysis. Examples: unit economics, coverage strategies, pricing, and GTM verticalization. In collaboration with marketing, develop external customer and market-level insights to help build Tanium’s data-driven thought leadership and positioning
Expand and Develop a Team: Provides leadership, mentorship, and ongoing development to the expanding Sales Intelligence team, focusing on the ongoing growth of individuals and maturing the overall department.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in mathematics, data science, or other applicable fields
- 10+ years of experience in business intelligence, data integrity, or equivalent field
- 5+ years experience in directly managing data analytics teams of at least 3 or more people
- Proven ability to lead large teams and complex cross-functional projects
- Fluent in SQL and Python with a proven track record of data analysis skills
- Experience partnering with architecture and engineering team to develop reporting ecosystems built for internal teams
- Data governance, data architecture, documentation, and data design experience
- Expert communication and presentation skills with the ability to build compelling presentations
- Experience managing expectations of senior stakeholders, executives, and cross-functional teams
- Advanced in Salesforce and Periscope
- Six-sigma or Continuous Improvement background
- Results-oriented team player who leads by example and holds themselves accountable for performance, takes ownership, and champions all aspects of our business
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and global environment
Founded in 2007, Tanium invented a fundamentally new approach to security and systems management. Recognized as the "Usain Bolt of cybersecurity," it's no surprise the world’s largest enterprises and government organizations rely on Tanium to secure, control, and manage the hundreds of thousands of endpoints that comprise their networks effectively; and at unprecedented speed, no matter the size. If you are looking to join a fast-growing, mission-driven company, are prepared to work hard, and want to make a lasting impact on the organization and the industry, we'd love to talk to you. Learn more at www.tanium.com.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈