Director of Sales
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Cloud Academy is changing how large enterprises assess, develop and retain top tech talent in their organizations. As the world goes digital, tech skills and people make the difference between companies that will be here in 5 years or not. We develop a unique SaaS platform that helps enterprise companies to build tech skills at scale, leveraging practice skills and a vast content library we curate in house, but also a very solid software solution to manage training, insights and goals at scale. Our customers are Fortune 500 companies that are changing the way they think about digital and the way they take care of their tech people.
Our sales team in North America is growing rapidly and we are looking for an experienced Director of Sales who will manage a group of Account Executives targeting specific territories in North America. In this position your role will mostly focus on two big goals: The first one is hiring, developing and building accountability in your team of AEs; the second one is related to achieving your group’s quota, and leading your people to win new business and achieve their monthly targets.
The perfect candidate for this role has proven experience as a BDR, an Account Executive and a Manager or Director of Sales, and is able to lead by example: you will be able to show your team how to find and work with customers and you will need to work side by side with each of them in every single deal. We are looking for someone who wants to be highly hands-on, spending time coaching your AEs, working with them on strategy both for prospecting deals and winning them. The right person knows the group’s pipeline of deals down to specific details, knows how to talk and position the product and truly cares about your team’s performance and their ability to succeed. You will spend a lot of time in Salesforce working with your team as much as discussing strategy for their accounts, involving multiple departments.
In your daily job you will work with our Sales Engineering and Enablement team, with Marketing, Customer Success, Product and Content teams to make sure you know our solution inside out and you are able to leverage all our teams to improve your team’s performance and the knowledge of your people.
Cloud Academy is a software and product company. If you have experience and understanding of cloud, tech and software development, we consider that a strong plus for this position.
This position is the perfect fit for someone who has a strong passion for developing people. Hiring, coaching and developing sales talent mixed with the ability to be obsessed by helping our customers (and find new ones) is what describes you best.
What you will do:
- Assess, develop and constantly improve your team with new hires. Hiring will never stop being your focus. You will spend time looking at potential hires on LinkedIn and reaching out to them first.
- Work with your team on implementing a solid playbook for prospecting new deals and setting goals in terms of activities and strategic approaches to new accounts
- Listen and provide feedback to your team’s calls on a daily basis through Gong.io and similar channels.
- Define and implement quotas for all your people and build a model to achieve it as a group on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Partner with Sales Engineering and Sales Enablement to constantly train and build confidence in your people to sell our solution
- Lead customer meetings and conversations with your team on a daily basis, giving them feedback and working on strategy with each one to find and win new business
- Manage your pipeline and always be 100% up to date with each and every deal in it
- Work and communicate with the rest of the organization on needs, priorities and key things that you hear from prospects and customers
- Previous experience as an Account Executive, Account Manager, BDR and Lead of a team (as a manager, director or higher)
- Previous experience in hiring, coaching and developing Account Executives working side by side with the rest of the team to constantly improve their knowledge and confidence in the solution they sell.
- Build, strategize and execute prospecting strategies focusing on activities, playbook and active training with the team. You believe prospecting is a strong focus for your team and you can show them how to do it while building a solid playbook for them to execute on.
- Strong experience selling SaaS software into Enterprise organizations in North America with a land and expand approach
- Ability to run and lead sales conversations, run product demos and feel comfortable with C-level and VPs in Fortune 500 organizations
- Hands-on and a beginner’s mind approach is key for this role. You will learn what’s working and not working in the team, set strategy, vision and playbooks while showing the team how you can execute at their level and set the bar for the team.
- Ability to define goals, quotas and incentives for your team and build models to show them how to achieve that
- You are passionate about sales, you believe sales is about focusing on your customer’s problems and partnering with them to solve them, showing value first.
- You lead with energy, empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce and related sales solutions (Outreach, Seamless, etc) is a strong preference for this role
- Good knowledge and familiarity with cloud, software and data (you are familiar with AWS, Azure, GCP, DevOps, Software Development etc) is a strong preference for this role
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈