Director of Sales
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: EMEA Only
BibliU is a digital education platform that brings textbooks to life, making learning more effective. We have partnered with 2000 educational publishers including Pearson, McGraw and Wiley. We now have 43 institutional customers, including NYU and Oxford. Academics are provided with rich engagement data to enable them to iterate their teaching and students can find information faster. We have raised $15m to date, grown at 400% YoY.
BibliU gives you the opportunity to work with a mission-driven organization that is changing the future of the multi-billion dollar textbook industry. You'll have a direct impact on students and educational professionals as we work together to reduce the cost of course materials.
The Director of Sales, EMEA will lead BibliU’s sales strategy and team in EMEA, continuing the market-dominant trajectory in the UK market while expanding sales beyond the UK into EMEA. We are looking for an experienced high achiever with 3-5 years of successfully leading sales organizations, exceeding goals in a growing company with revenue growth year-over-year.
Necessary skills include the ability to build and lead a sales organization, understand customer needs to drive renewal and up-sell business, focus on effective growth opportunities in new markets. This individual will work collaboratively with the CRO while also fostering a positive and high-performing sales team. Experience in the Education Technology space (preferably Higher Ed) and knowledge of publishing are recommended.
Why work for BibliU?
We offer a Competitive Salary & Bonus, Generous Paid Time Off (43 days including public holidays per year), Flexible Hours, Remote and Work From Home, Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance, and more. Our values include straight-talking, pushing boundaries, and delighting customers. We are a remote-first and family first company, the majority of our team are distributed across the US, UK, and Australia.
- Has 3-5 years leading high achieving sales teams and growing sales consistently year-over-year - managing teams of 3-5 individuals
- Experience working with resellers and agents to leverage business growth
- Success working in multicultural environments
- Developed and executed strategies for new and expansion business as well as managing a book or renewal business to 90%
- Demonstrated track record of a creative approach to solution development for customers
- Has successfully implemented a sales methodology, applying it rigorously to drive results in a way that distinguish the company from its competitors
- Strong analytical background and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results-oriented: Exceptional time management and organizational skills, including the ability to accurately gauge project duration, deliver quality results on budget and within deadlines.
- Quality: Ability to assume intellectual ownership and to deliver strong attention to detail and commitment to delivering a quality product.
- Evangelist – Dynamic: An extrovert with the ability to inspire and persuasively communicate ideas, overcome obstacles, lead people, compel customers. A strong public speaker with natural leadership skills.
- Collaborative- synergistic management style: Ability to lead cross-functional teams and synthesize cross-functional input, effective and comfortable in a team/collaborative environment.
- Leadership: a proven, hands-on leader with a track record of team success. A strong mentor, a thought leader; a people leader. A clear communicator and collaborative management style.
- Entrepreneurial: Ability to multitask, change course, and handle ambiguity. Effective in managing within a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Work Ethic: Strong work ethic and the highest levels of professionalism and integrity.
Director of Sales Areas of Responsibility:
- Create an annual and quarterly plan to achieve the assigned quota and manage the team similarly
- Build a sales pipeline to 1.5x quota in the first year in conjunction with Growth Marketing
- Maintain an accurate sales forecast
- Work with AVP Business Development to build relationships identify sales opportunities in the publisher community
- Implement Strategic and Conceptual Selling methodologies in the sales team
- Lead upsell strategies to grow accounts as needed.
- Renew existing accounts to 90+% in the region
- Working with Growth Marketing, shepherd qualified RFP’s/Tenders through the strategy and completion process for a successful award
- Work with Growth (Marketing) on strategies for assigned market
- Work with Customer Success to support successful enterprise implementations
- Work with Content to match and maximize sell-through of content at defined accounts
- Identify and work regional associations conferences and association relationships that will support goals
- Develop relationships with thought leaders to identify sales opportunities and raise awareness of BibliU solutions
- Understand the competitive landscape and regional trends and advise the CRO and company on strategies to win given the market dynamics
Measures of Success:
- Meet and exceed annual sales quota
- Expand, upsell and renew existing accounts in the defined territory
- Close large, strategic opportunities that will expand the reach and visibility of BibliU
- Develop executive-level relationships within the prospect and customer organizations
- Leverage the partner ecosystem for sales leads and market presence
- Successfully employ the company’s sales methodology to close and grow enterprise opportunities
- Work effectively with other company groups to maximize success
- Sales forecasting timeliness and accuracy
- Maintain a team of high-performing sales professionals
BibliU is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: EMEA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈