Director of Business Development - Sales
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Atmosera + Wintellect : Director of Business Development – Consulting Sales
Wintellect was founded by a group of technology experts renowned in the industry. From the beginning, our goal has been to provide the highest level of software development, architecture, cloud and training expertise to help our customers “build better software, faster.” Over the last 20 years we have become known in the industry for hiring the best and solving the most challenging technology problems.
Now, Atmosera and Wintellect have combined forces to create hyperscale growth opportunities across our businesses. As an Azure Expert MSP, a Microsoft Gold AppDev, Data, Cloud, and DevOps partner, and 2018 Worldwide IAMCP Microsoft Channel Partner of the Year, we are a premier partner with Microsoft with a complete Azure solution across all business segments.
Our company is run by technology enthusiasts and recognized business leaders, and we are proud of the strength of our team, which is composed of Microsoft MVPs, thought leaders and published authors, and a Microsoft Regional Director. To support our continued growth, we are seeking a Director of Business Development – Consulting Sales to join our team.
Our HQ is in Portland, OR with offices in Atlanta and around the US. This is a full-time position in the United States with the ability to work from home, or from one of our offices if local.
We are, at present, unable to sponsor visas.
This individual will largely be an individual contributor, but our entire team is dedicated to growth and you will have the opportunity to work directly with our executive leadership to expand this business. Our expectation is that this person will work closely with teams across the company to develop a deep understanding of the business and leverage that knowledge to build their book of business.
Who will I report to? Where will this position be located?
This role will report directly to our Chief Revenue Officer, Justin Cloutier. However, we are a collaborative team and you will get to work with many talented people. In this role you will work primarily (or completely) from home, although if located near one of our offices or main target geographies (Atlanta, Tampa, Dallas, or Portland) that would be a plus. Ideally this individual will be based in the Southeast, either Atlanta or Florida. For exceptional candidates, we are open to having this position be remote.
What will I do?
We take pride in delighting our clients – our reputation for best in class delivery, along with our close relationship with our largest channel partner, Microsoft, has given us the ability to build a great client roster. This hire represents our desire to invest in the future and continue to build a world class sales team. We have three sales organizations in our business – custom consulting, Azure CSP and training. This role will focus on engaging new and previous clients for the consulting business. Our current focus areas are as follows:
- Custom application development, including mobile app development and application modernization
- DevOps services
- Azure implementation, migration, and optimization (both PaaS and IaaS)
- Data & AI
- Managed IT Services (Microsoft CSP)
The above represent core areas that this individual will focus on for business development. Success in the role will depend on three key things. First, this individual 's success will depend on their ability to build internal credibility and demonstrate leadership. They should work to quickly develop relationships with senior leaders and technical staff by demonstrating that they can independently approach the sales process and truly own new business opportunities. This means developing their base of technical knowledge to establish credibility with Microsoft and the clients and being judicious when bringing in experts to close a deal. Credibility will also depend on their ability to manage the details – they should be able to leverage our CRM to manage up and educate the broader team on new business opportunities. Strong communication and written skills are essential.
Second, they will need to quickly build their technical and business knowledge of our services and develop a strong pipeline. We expect this person to understand and be able to clearly articulate our core capabilities. They should know our success stories, be able to leverage them when talking to clients, and build a robust pipeline. Additionally, we have a sizable roster of former consulting clients who love the work we do – we should be engaging these clients more deeply.
Lastly, within the first six months, this individual will primarily leverage the relationships they have built with net new clients and some existing clients, to make a tangible impact on our topline bookings. Once fully ramped up, we expect this individual to generate $3M in business annually. We would like this individual to focus primarily on pure new business (”hunting”) but be engaged with them over the long term. They should enjoy building ongoing relationships with clients to grow revenue.
It's not a short list but we want to get it right. From a cultural perspective, the right candidate will:
- Be an honest, direct, clear communicator who genuinely enjoys building relationships with their co-workers.
- Have strong written and communications skills.
- Be trustworthy and highly ethical. They will like to win but won't compromise ethics to get a sale. They will place the values of Wintellect and their long-term reputation above any immediate gain.
- Be, at their core, entrepreneurial, demonstrating the ability to be adaptable and happy in a high growth, fast changing environment.
- Be genuinely interested in the type of work we focus on. The right person will be intellectually curious and leverage that curiosity to pursue additional training and knowledge in areas that matter most to our clients.
- Be comfortable owning their own professional development path having demonstrated the ability to independently gather information and ask for others time and expertise to deepen their own knowledge.
- The right person will not need a standard approach or a single product to be successful and will enjoy establishing clarity when presented with ambiguity.
- Be comfortable as an individual contributor and demonstrate a strategic approach to leveraging leadership team members to drive sales. They will know when to bring in the “big guns” to close a massive opportunity.
From a technical perspective, the right candidate will:
- Have experience scoping, proposing and closing deals for project work in a few or several of the following areas: Custom application development, application modernization, DevOps services, Azure implementation, Azure migration, Azure optimization, mobile app development, data analytics and data platform development.
- Will understand and have experience in the Azure cloud, application development, web, mobile, DevOps, Data and AI, and software development and SDLC at a level deep enough where they can engage customers directly and independently.
- Have a successful track record of new business development in a services or consulting environment.
- Be able to prove the above with clear metrics. They should be able to recall the last couple of years of their personal sales targets and achievement to target.
- Have shown the ability to get creative with internal, highly technical, stakeholders in order to meet the needs of clients and drive bookings.
- Have experience evaluating a landscape of delighted but lapsed clients to prioritize and reengage.
- Enjoys networking on behalf of their company. They will be a believer in the services they sell and wants to see others benefit from engaging with their team.
PERKS & BENEFITS[TF2]
- We invest in our resources, helping you to take your skills to the next level through personal and professional development
- 3 weeks PTO + 10 holidays
- Health, vision, dental package
- Fully compensated travel for work events and conferences
- Remote work
How do I get in touch?
Interested candidates should reach out to Elizabeth Abreu at Wintellect.
Atmosera is a certified Azure Expert MSP providing Azure assessment, enablement, and management services to a world-class client base. With 25 years of deep engineering and 24x7x365 support and management in our DNA, Atmosera understands mission critical Azure service delivery. From InfoSec and Compliance, to DevOps, Azure Automation, and Advanced Data Services, our clients trust us as the managed Azure experts supporting their business-critical applications.
Wintellect is a world-leader in software development, Azure cloud platform and services, and IT training. Founded by a team of technology experts renowned in the industry, Wintellect is recognized as a leader in full lifecycle application development; mission critical architecture design and implementation; Azure cloud (both apps and infrastructure); mobile development with Xamarin; Data & AI; and advanced training for developers and cloud engineers. Wintellect is a top Microsoft Partner, a Gold Azure Cloud Partner, and a Gold DevOps partner, with multiple Microsoft MVPs onboard and a Microsoft Regional Director as our President. We won the IAMCP Word Wide Microsoft Channel Partner of the Year award in 2018, and the Microsoft US Partner Award for Intelligent Cloud – DevOps in 2019.
If you want to work with the best of the best, Atmosera and Wintellect are the place to be.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈