Business Development Manager
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
We have been and will continue to be a 100% remote team!
Formative is seeking a Business Development Manager to join our rapidly growing Sales Team. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for coordinating collaboration with Account Executives to ensure Business Development Representatives generate and qualify new business opportunities and meet sales quotas. If mentoring and developing salespeople in a results-driven, team environment is your passion, we’d like to meet you.
Our web-app, Formative (formative.com), is used by 50K+ teachers and 1M+ students every week, helping teachers see student responses in real-time for immediate feedback and tracking growth to learning standards.
Increase sales and contribute to Formative’s long-term business growth by:
- Hiring, training and mentoring a growing team of Business Development Representatives
- Collaborating with the Sales team to develop and implement a territory sales and marketing strategy and proactively address every step in the prospecting cycle
- Tracking BDR team metrics and reporting data to leadership on a regular basis against quotas, pipeline and activities/inputs and continually making and implementing recommendations for optimization and ongoing growth
- Training junior salespeople to improve sales goals and meet expectations
- Strong understanding of company products or services as well as business position and competition to keep business competitive
- 1-3 years of experience preferred as a Business Development Manager leading and developing a teams of representatives and a strong track record of success
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Knowledge of how to effectively leverage CRM software
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- K-12 industry experience preferred
- Software sales or sales of educational materials experience is a plus
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to be adaptable in a fast-paced sales environment
What’s the Formative story?
Our co-founder, Craig Jones, was a middle school science teacher at a struggling public school in South Los Angeles. Thanks to a school grant, he was able to work with a class set of used laptops every day. Initially, Craig patched together some basic software, a student response system and a lot of spreadsheets to help understand his students' strengths and weaknesses to learning standards. The technique of daily formative assessment, more targeted intervention, and faster feedback ultimately led to record-breaking academic outcomes.
After four years in the classroom, Craig went to grad school at UCLA where he met Kevin McFarland, his roommate, and soon-to-be co-founder. Together, Kevin and Craig envisioned a world where faster formative teaching practices could replace traditional end-of-year summative assessments. After multiple research initiatives, prototypes, and the help of countless individuals, Formative (goformative.com) was launched in January 2015.
Today, teachers from over 10,000 school districts across the US and the world have signed up for Formative, driving thousands of learning institutions to upgrade to more powerful partner status. When surveyed, 90% of teachers reported that they believe using Formative improved student achievement, and 97% of students report more confidence in their understanding of the material. We are on a mission to bring this transformative learning approach to more teachers and students and to contribute to a stronger education system. Are you interested in making a big difference for teachers and students? Join us!
- Work with a rapidly growing and amazing team passionate about making a difference for teachers and education!
- Remote position within the US
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Generous 401k Company Match
- Company stock ownership
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Holidays
Formative is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈