Account Manager - New Business
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK & Spain
We are looking for an ambitious Account Manager for New Business to join our sales team. As an Account Manager – New Business, you will participate in Handpoint's future growth by building relationships with prospective clients and turning them into happy customers. We partner with business software providers (ISVs) to provide integrated card present (EMV) payment solutions, and we look for an exceptional person to find and bring those partnerships on-board and make sure our ultimate users, the merchants, are getting the service they need.
If you enjoy leading a consultative, multi-party sale, building value with technical products, are an adept sales person, motivated, persistent, and have some experience working with or for ISVs, we want to hear from you!
Handpoint is an award-winning pioneer in integrated payment solutions on three continents, supporting innovative software developers, market-leading banks, and international acquirers with a flexible, global platform for payments at every stage. Our partners build their growth plans around our solutions, and our end users build their businesses with our solutions. We are a team passionate about making payments easy and accessible to all.
Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match the below criteria, but you know you are the right person for the job because of your passion, grit or track-record, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and tell us why.
Why join Handpoint
Our vision and ambition are not only to help merchants to make the right decisions, moving from ‘payment solutions’ to ‘solutions with payments’, but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. This is a job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working through tech-enabled experiences.
In this role, you will:
- Own the full sales cycle at prospective software partners, driving conversations at multiple levels of the organisation, articulating our value proposition and quantifying decisions.
- Develop outbound strategies to create and nurture opportunities.
- Not be afraid of cold calling or digging up you own leads
- Lead calls and presentations with prospective software partners
- Work on proposals and pricing and present that to prospective clients
- Close deals, follow up on contracts and manage expectations
- Work on business development and new opportunities
- Take an active role in refining and building our sales process, and driving partnership growth
- Act as the interface between partners and the company
- Preferably UK or Spain (although we'll consider mainland Europe). We have an office in Cambridge, UK; Madrid, Spain; and Reykjavik, Iceland, but you will most likely be working from home most of the time
- 3+ years similar experience in payments or software sales, selling a technical product, SaaS platform, or point of sale (POS), with a track record of top performance
- Thrive as part of a target-driven, high-expectations team
- Proactive, growth-focused mindset
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to lead negotiations and influence behavioural change in others
- Ability and desire to learn new things
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Can demonstrate examples of proactive troubleshooting, listening and problem solving skills
- You are interested in the latest technology and have a strong grasp in learning about new technology
- You are able to understand technical requirements and to explain technical solutions to your audience
- You have a very good understanding of the software industry and, ideally, of payments and related technologies
- You are happy to build and customise presentations, analytics, and messages you need to source and close opportunities
- You have experience or knowledge of programming and APIs (optional)
- You might have a combination of studies and experience that prepares you for this role
- University degree is preferred.
With Handpoint you can look forward to ...
- the opportunity to work flexible hours, if that suits you
- being part of a close-knit, international team that mastered the dynamics of remote team working long before the Covid-19 pandemic
- joining a company on the rise with a great growth potential
- The chance to make an impact on the company, the industry and the world around you
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK & Spain.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈