2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: United States
Our mission at Fidel API is to unlock the full potential of payment cards. We offer a suite of financial infrastructure APIs that enable developers to build programmable experiences connected to purchases made in real-time using a card. Our tools are transforming how merchants and users interact by powering real-time, event-driven engagements, best-in-class loyalty and rewards programs and revolutionizing processes from reimbursements to expense management.
Our APIs are used by start-ups through global enterprises including Google, British Airways, TopCashback, Perkbox, Royal Bank of Canada, and Blackhawk Networks, and are supported by the world’s largest card networks, including Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
Launched in 2018, Fidel is headquartered in London, with offices in Lisbon, New York, and remote employees globally. Fidel is backed by investors including Nyca Partners, QED Investors, Citi Ventures, RBC Capital and Commerce Ventures.
We're in an incredibly exciting period of growth as we continue to scale internationally and are looking for an experienced Account Executive who wants to be part of this journey.
We're looking for an outstanding communicator, with experience in sales, business presentation, and management of the sales cycle from a business champion, to the C-level executives. That means having the ability to articulate the contractual, technical, and financial value points to customers, who will often be representing large, technology companies.
As a financial infrastructure API, we need you to understand the contextual buyer journey and lead complex, multi-party sales in a highly consultative manner. As such, experience working with APIs is essential, preferably within a payments industry context. You should, therefore, have a degree of technical curiosity and aptitude, that allows you to learn about and consult with customers on the product's technical aspects. A combination of sales and technical knowledge should enable you to understand a customer's own strategy and how Fidel can be a critical component to it. You should be comfortable demonstrating Fidel's value in competitive situations and enjoy working on deals that require deep product understanding.
Finally, you need to enjoy the building process – we need people who enjoy actively participating in the development of a sales process, how to articulate our value proposition, and are invested in the creation of key tools and assets. We're looking for someone whose truly ambitious, not only to exceed individual targets but also wants to play a wider, pivotal role in growing Fidel as a business.
What you'll do
- Own a named account list and develop account plans for winning and expanding our business with high-growth technology companies;
- Work with our SDR team to develop outbound strategies and close those deals
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close for Fidel's target clients;
- Develop relationships with executive stakeholders, up to C-level, from our new clients;
- Lead complex product workshops and financial analyses alongside multiple, internal functions (e.g., Engineering, Product, and Finance);
- Collaborate on team projects to polish and refine our sales process;
- Apply your technical knowledge and experience to engage with Product and Engineering teams, driving product strategy forward;
We want you, if you:
- 4+ years of sales experience, preferably selling a technical product, with a proven track record of top performance;
- Ability to understand complex technical requirements and craft solutions across multiple products;
- Ability to develop and execute account plans spanning multiple business units across complex organisations;
- Strong presentation skills, particularly for in-person meetings with multiple stakeholders;
- Proven ability to lead complex negotiations involving bespoke commercial agreements;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment;
- Strong interest in API technology and a deep understanding of the payments space;
At Fidel API, we live by our values and what we stand for, and that feeds into every decision we make. Fidel comes from the Latin word ‘Fidelis’ which means reliability, trust, truth and dependability. We honor those values — and our commitment to them — by naming ourselves after the ancient root word itself.
Across our company, we speak 27 languages and represent 25+ different nationalities. It’s our diversity of background, thinking, talents and skills that allows us to build truly global products for the developers who are driving payments innovation forward.
We're committed to making Fidel a fantastic place to work and we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- Macbook that you can take home
- Flexible working - opportunity to work from home when you need to
- WFH office budget
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401k with company match
- Access to training and education platforms (Udemy, Audible, and Headspace)
- Unlimited holidays (you manage your time)
- Annual company off-site (Europe)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks & refreshments
- Friday team lunch & drinks
At Fidel, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of educational attainment, race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status - simply, we consider all qualified applicants, consistent with any legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
If you think you’d be a great fit, apply today!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: United States.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈