1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Account Executive | Sales | Business Development
🚀 Who are we?
At Grip, we’re passionate about bringing professionals together to move markets forward faster. Our leading Market Engagement Platform for Event Organisers enables our clients to create Virtual, Hybrid and Live event experiences in a single solution to make it easier for event participants to connect, engage and do business.
Grip works with 12 out of 20 of the largest Event Organisers in the world and is known for its leading AI-powered matchmaking engine, which has been used to establish millions of valuable connections at thousands of events. As a multi-award-winning global leader in AI-powered tech, we pride ourselves in being real innovators in the event tech space.
Our backers are well-known investors including Brent Hoberman (CEO and Founder at Lastminute.com, Made.com, Founders Factory), Arnaud Massenet (Co-Founder at Net-a-Porter) and Jeremy Roche (FinancialForce, Unit4).
🚀 About the position:
We are looking for an Account Executive to be a leading force that fuels our growing client base worldwide, positioning Grip as the leading Market Engagement Platform.
You’ll be responsible for building strong relationships with professionals in the marketing and event space to close deals successfully. The ideal candidate will therefore have proven experience building trust quickly, qualifying and closing with precision and an understanding of the event tech market.
Opportunities will come from your own prospecting activities as well as from our Sales Development team. You’ll be given the opportunity to learn quickly and within weeks will be speaking with large clients that have budgets of $100,000+ for their event technology stack.
You’re a proactive and curious member of our growing sales team - a driver who takes responsibility for securing new clients and identifying growth opportunities within the market before prospective customers identify a need or gap themselves.
🚀 Core Responsibilities:
- Managing and growing a sales pipeline
- Research and identify new prospects in your target accounts and territory
- Seek out contacts in an organisation and ensure they are part of the sales process
- Turning inbound and outbound leads into happy Grip customers.
- Develop trust-based relationships resulting in happy clients regardless of size.
- Understand the goals of your prospective customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- Gain a thorough understanding of sales materials and the Grip offering to be able to advise clients on how to make the most of them.
- Collaborate with the marketing and sales development departments on promotional strategy and activities
Things move fast at Grip so, although your role will be focussed on generating new sales opportunities, you'll likely end up wearing quite a few hats and gaining experience across a variety responsibilities
🚀 Grip Benefits
- Opportunity to take lead in shaping an entire industry through AI
- Be the 2nd Salesperson in the US reporting directly to the VP of Sales
- Competitive bonus based on a combination of team and individual performance
- A world-class team of sales, operations and engineering
- Kind, fun and ambitious company culture
- A company Macbook and supporting technology to be successful
🚀 Experience and Skills
- You enjoy building long-lasting positive relationships with people and strive to understand their needs and how our solution addresses them.
- 5+ years’ experience in a closer role (preferably in B2B, SaaS, Event Tech)
- Ability to manage multiple deals while seeking new opportunities
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organisational skills
- An obsession with prospecting and customer happiness.
- Flexibility - things move at a fast pace at Grip
- Quick thinker, curious about clients and their challenges with the ability to handle questions on the fly
- Always be closing!
🚀 We look for people that live by our values:
- Growth Mindset - be curious, take ownership and share knowledge freely and openly
- Be Nice - listen to understand, respect others and support your team members
- Transparency - Open and clear communication, speak up about problems, be honest
- Can-do Attitude - Take ownership of your work and do what it takes to make it a success
- Value Focused - work smart, understand what drives KPIs, always keep our clients in mind.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈