Interviewing for a new company is a serious time commitment for all parties involved. Please take the time to read this and thoughtfully consider if we would be a good fit for one another. This is a full-time position. You must be located in the continental US. No contractors or agencies. Seriously.
About This Role
As an Account Executive, you will hit or exceed quota each month by closing new mid-market and enterprise deals, and then will successfully pass the relationship to Account Management.
We’re looking for a closer. This role is for highly-experienced Account Executives who know how to manage complex deals and close them effectively. This person also should not be afraid to get into the trenches to open up deals and bring them over the line.
Here's the typical qualifications we look for in an Account Executive:
* 5-7 years successfully closing B2B deals in the mid market and/or enterprise
* A substantial track record of meeting and exceeding monthly or quarterly sales targets
* Exemplary presentation skills, both in-person and digitally
* Experience with Salesforce
* History of learning complex technical systems quickly
If you’re great with people and have an under-rated nose for deals, read…
What You’ll Be Working On
Very is first and foremost a software consultancy. We tackle hard problems for clients who need a targeted, senior team to come in and provide specific solutions. Our customer base is expanding into the IoT space, and we are gaining traction here due to our ability to develop hardware and software rapidly in parallel. Our projects in this domain have ranged from data acquisition and alerting for industrial power systems to automated self-pour beer taps.
As an Account Executive, some of your accountabilities will be, but not limited to:
* Working with potential clients to win the business through strategic thinking and a challenger sale mindset
* Hitting monthly expansion & renewal targets
* Guiding the success of “Technical Design Sprints” for the close into a larger Build sale
* Finding new opportunities within the larger organization, parent company, subsidiaries, partners in collaboration with Account Manager (AM)
* Finding referrals from client stakeholders, CTOs or executives
* Getting introductions to partner companies, SaaS platforms integrated with project, other agencies connected to the project
* Understanding client needs and solutions by working with Delivery Team & Product Managers
How You’ll Be Compensated
We believe in a transparent, fair compensation structure and have developed our own open salary formula.You can expect your base compensation to be $70,000, with On Target Earnings up to $140,000 upon joining the company.
We also offer world class perks including:
* A generous maternity/paternity leave policy
* Fantastic healthcare coverage ($0 out of pocket for most employee premiums)
* Very-high 401K match (33% match of every dollar you put in 401k vs 6% industry average)
* Numerous other employee benefits including reimbursement for home office equipment and gym memberships.
We have a strong compensation and benefits package, with opportunities for salary and professional growth as you crush it.
Very was launched in 2011, but back then, we were known as Spartan Systems. As a remote-first company, we started with employees in Maryland, Massachusetts, Tennessee and New York. In 2013, our business was growing at a rapid pace, and we decided our need for a conventional office space was undeniable. Chattanooga, TN became our first “real” company location. Employees could continue to work remotely, they could work out of our new office space or a mix if they chose.
After a company rebrand in 2017, we became Very. Like the word itself, Very exists to emphasize impact- not for ourselves, but for the companies we serve. Our work has always been about positioning our clients for long-term success, and then amplifying it.
Towards the end of 2018, we sold our office space and now we are proud to say: Very is a remote-only company. We don’t have a physical office... anywhere. In fact, looking for great talent in non-traditional locations is baked right into our hiring process and we believe it’s what makes us awesome. Our operations and culture are built to nurture and leverage this reality.