Test Framework & QA Engineer
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA & Switzerland
Squarepeg is working with an innovative technology company that is reimagining the Internet as a public network that hosts secure software and services. The Internet Computer is a new technology stack that is unhackable, fast, scales to billions of users around the world, and supports a new kind of autonomous software that promises to reverse Big Tech's monopolization of the internet.
Are you ready to identify weaknesses in our stack, discover bugs in our APIs and improve the quality of a complex product by establishing a strong test harness? Are you passionate about building test automation to ensure that regressions are discovered before they reach production? Do you have hands-on experience with distributed systems and like to work with them on a daily basis? Then we have a role for you!
You will collaborate with a motivated team that works on some of the most sophisticated, secure, and efficient distributed messaging protocols ever to be deployed. We are a vibrant startup that has grown to 100+ employees with offices in the Bay Area and Zurich.
- Extend our existing system- and production test frameworks written in Rust, Python, and bash.
- Integrate automated tests into our GitLab pipelines and drive improvements based on data collected in the Elastic stack.
- Identify design and implementation weaknesses of the Internet Computer using state-of-the art testing strategies
- Functional tests
- Performance tests
- Fuzz testing
- Chaos and network testing
- Collaborate with engineering teams to reproduce and pinpoint uncovered defects and anomalies.
- Establish best practices that capture the learnings from testing
- Support the definition of quality gates for software releases based on automated tests
- Participate in R&D design reviews to incorporate learnings from your verification work early on in the design process
You're a skilled programmer with a deep understanding of at l east one systems software language like C, C++, or Rust. Our distributed systems components and part of our test framework is written in Rust ( and we're committed to helping you learn if you lack experience with Rust).
- You've worked as part of a QA/QC team and have regularly released software to a large user base.
- You're experienced in automating test scenarios and their integration in a DevOps pipeline - preference for experience with GitLab and the Elastic stack
- You're eager to understand a software stack in detail and to rigorously test it to ensure that it behaves as expected.
- A quality mindset that demands excellence from yourself and your team
- You enjoy collaborating with other technical experts, across teams, and jointly drive for software and process i improvements.
- Experience working with deployment tooling such as Terraform and Ansible is a plus
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA & Switzerland.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈