The Modern Milkman
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Are you a Test Engineer looking for a new challenge? Do you want to be part of an expanding tech team where you can perform and advocate for great testing in a fast moving and evolving environment? Then this is the role for you.
The Modern Milkman started as a local milkround inspired by David Attenborough's Blue Planet and the need to reduce plastic waste. In the space of a few short years, we've grown from four friends and a van to a vast network of milkmen and women.
We specialise in reducing consumer waste, with ethically sourced groceries, online ordering and convenient doorstep deliveries. Our mobile tech allows us to support local dairies and independent farmers and suppliers by connecting them to our network of milk rounds. We're committed to plastic-free packaging and are continually innovating to expand our return and reuse range.
Our business is ever-evolving, but our intent is steadfast. Our mission is to revolutionise consumer habits by delivering fresh ways to return and reuse packaging, shop ethically, and feel good about convenience.
As a Test Engineer, you will be responsible for the testing performed in your multi-disciplinary agile team. This involves hands-on testing, test planning, and also making sure testing is thought about throughout the development lifecycle. You will be involved in all elements of the agile process, and will ensure enough time is allocated for testing, ensuring that the software we build is testable, and that the software meets the customer’s needs when released.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to estimates for development effort, with a focus on testing
- Start testing as early as possible in the development process
- Plan testing considering what needs to be defined ahead of time, what can be explored, and what regression test assets will be created for future use
- Make use of test oracles other than specifications to gain insight into what needs to be tested
- Perform or coordinate non-functional testing, working with specialists where needed
- Be passionate about testing and up to date on the latest trends and thinking
- Contribute your ideas and get involved in the evolution of our testing function
- Be a strong team player, interested and involved in the improvement of our development processes
- Comfortable working as a lone tester on a multi-disciplinary team
- Proficient in traditional black box test techniques such as EP/ BVA / State transition testing / Pair Wise
- Experience with session-based exploratory testing
- Able to look beyond software specifications to generate test ideas and insight
- Experience with mind mapping and using heuristics such as mnemonics and testing cheat sheets to inspire test case generation
- Previous experience of working with remote teams an advantage
- ISTQB/ISEB certified
- Previously worked on ecommerce products delivered through websites and apps
- Experience working with CI/CD delivery pipelines
- Knowledge of Performance, Security, Accessibility or any other kind of non-functional testing
- Test automation at the UI or service layer either coding checks or working collaboratively with SEIT’s to create this capability
- Actively involved in the wider testing community
The Modern Milkman is an amazing business to work in with a super exciting and executable vision. Our team members are rewarded well, not only from a salary perspective but also with:
- Competitive salary, pension and other company benefits
- Participation in the EMI share option scheme
- High level of responsibility from day one
- The opportunity to rapidly advance your career
- Working with a fun, energetic, and supportive team
And not to forget…
This is an amazing opportunity to play a central role in building and scaling our business across the UK, as we continue to work towards our vision to reset our throwaway society. You'll play a crucial role in our success, and you’ll be helping to save the planet!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈