Test Automation Software Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Astronomer is a rapidly growing startup with the mission to build the next generation of data orchestration. We run the world’s most successful Apache Airflow as-a-service offering (Astronomer Cloud), and offer enterprises licensing to run our PaaS on their Kubernetes clusters (Astronomer Enterprise).
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our QA and Test Automation team to help extend our test automation framework built in Python.
Roles and responsibility:
- Building and Enhancing Test Frameworks in Python.
- Contribute to dev-test activities including test scoping, planning, execution, test automation, coordinating with other departments.
- Identify defects in product, debug and work with developers towards resolution.
- Be an active part of the agile scrum team, attend scrum meetings, provide updates.
- Prepare and present your work with all stakeholders as part of Sprint Demo.
- Influence the feature development and improve product quality and customer experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field with preferably distributed software development or testing experience.
- 2+ years of professional experience developing software (preferably testing frameworks)
- Strong Python programming skills with hands on experience in automating API and micro services
- Experience with BASH (Unix shell scripting) on linux.
- Experience in working in an environment with Kubernetes and Containers
- Strong skills in debugging and troubleshooting in Linux environments
- Familiarity in GIT, PostGres, Shell Scripting.
- Knowledge in Circle CI
- Familiarity with cloud environments (GCP, AWS, Azure, OpenShift)
- Understanding of Microservices architecture, GCP experience with Kubernetes.
- Test Automation in Python
- Creative problem-solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills. Think automation first.
- Passion for coding and can-do attitude towards any complex tasks.
- Excellent team player with strong work ethics and culture.
- Excellent Analytical & communication skills
- Able to multitask and handle competing priority tasks.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈