Sr. Quality Engineer
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Ceros is an experiential platform that empowers the creation of bespoke, immersive digital experiences without code. We’re passionate about helping companies transform their static digital content into engaging experiences. From custom microsites to immersive interactive webpages, you can build it with Ceros. Publish and update live content and instantly embed it into your site or social media platforms such as Pinterest or Snapchat. Join us and be part of the movement to enable everyone to create experiences that matter.
Our customers include some of the world’s leading brands, such as Mashable, Bloomberg, Red Bull, United Airlines, and AIG.
We are well-funded and venture-backed by prominent investors including Grotech Ventures, Greycroft, and Starvest Partners.
Designing and building the Ceros platform is no easy task. We require the best-of-the-best web developers, designers, and Quality Engineers, ready to bring the functionality of desktop software to the web, often pushing web browsers to the limits of what’s currently possible.
As part of the Ceros product team, you’ll be working with a small, cross-functional group of the most talented people you’ve ever worked with. We hire only passionate and creative people with a proven and unquestionable ability to execute, and every member of the team is equally responsible for moving the product forward. We find a way.
We have a very dynamic company culture that collaborates daily. We care deeply about the user experience, and we debate passionately about our ideas. When you work at Ceros, you check your ego at the door, and you aren’t afraid to be honest, especially to yourself. We take our jobs seriously but ourselves not so much -- whether it’s cracking jokes in the chat room or poking fun at the CEO’s atrocious spelling.
- Cares deeply about our customers’ experience.
- Works well embedded on a cross-functional team.
- Leads the development of the next iteration of our test automation frameworks.
- Creates and prioritizes a backlog for framework tech-debt and enhancements.
- Leads automation-focused technical training sessions.
- Creates and executes manual and automated tests (unit, API, end-to-end)
- Sets and enforces automation best practices across teams.
- Leads code reviews and pair programming sessions.
- Researches framework enhancements and prototypes solutions to gauge their usefulness.
- Actively mentors teammates.
Practical stuff we anticipate you having
- 5+ years experience manually testing with an agile software team
- 5+ years experience writing automated tests
- Comfortable with the linux command line
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and tooling
- Understanding of the different types of software testing
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bonus if you have experience load testing web applications
- Bonus if you have experience testing web application security
- Bonus if you have experience testing a visual design application of some kind
What we’re looking for from the heart
- Passion, enthusiasm, energy, humor, and the ability to convey these through video, Slack, and email communications
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Curiosity; you seek out a wide breadth of information, feedback and input to guide decisions and balance intuition with research and a deep understanding of your surroundings
- A team-player mentality; you put your team first and are willing and able to do anything to help your team and your peers succeed
- Comfortability working in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
- You have the superpower to think beyond existing conventions to solve unusual product design challenges, and the skill to know when to apply this strategically.
- You balance this with your expert knowledge of best practice design patterns, knowing when to leverage existing behaviors and frameworks.
- You can present and communicate complex ideas and their intricacies to different stakeholder groups.
- You thrive in agile environments. You enjoy working with developers and view them as your partners.
- You are driven by collectively doing the right thing for the product over competing individually to have your own ideas succeed.
Key things to know
- This is a 100% remote role but we are primarily in the U.S. Eastern time zone and prefer candidates who can have an overlapping work schedule with the rest of the team.
- We want you to start ASAP
- This is a full-time position
- Ceros does not provide sponsorship for this role
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Premium health insurance
- Unlimited vacation days
- Team building events
- Paid Parental Leave
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈